crooked stem, is this bad?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronatog420, Aug 25, 2008.

1. So, I am growing 3 plants in a corner of my closet, arranged as such:

___
    a b|
    L c |
    ----

where a, b and c are the plants, L is the lighting (3x 42W CFL) and the lines are the walls, which are covered in the shiny side of aluminum foil. Since I have limited space, I arranged it like this to minimize the amount of wasted light. However, the light is kind of off to the side of a, and as a result, the stem has grown at about a 45 degree angle with the ground, although as the stem gets longer, it seems to gradually point back up.

I was planning to LST anyway, so that might just make it easier, but I am a little worried the plant might not be stable if it gets bigger (its about 4 inches from leaf to leaf and about 5 inches tall right now.)

I could use something to prop it up, but I worry about damaging the stem. Has anyone successfully grown a plant with a stem significantly angled like this.

and sorry for the lack of pics, my cell phone camera is pretty bad and I can't really get a clear enough pic since the stem is the same color as the dirt.

2. Won't be any problem at all. You can always rotate the plants every now and then to get more even growth but it's no big deal either way.