Cronaholic's 400W LST White Widow Grow - Lots of Photos

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Cronaholic, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Tatermunch - I don't think that it was the training that stressed it. I think it was the conditions that hermied it. I think I overwatered and with everything else that seemed to go wrong, the stress hermied it.

nirvana-shop.com is where I have always purchased my seeds.

I had some pH problems my first grow and since I have added dolomite lime to my soil to buffer it to 7.0 and I always pH my water beforehand. That seems to keep my soil pH in the green area.

I have not tried the ice in there yet. I think that it would melt too fast for it to do any good. And with my ventilation, the air is exchanged so quickly that it really wouldn't do much good. The temps are only in the upper 80's for an hour or so each day. I know its only going to get worse but soon I will start flowering and the lights will be ON from 6pm to 6am.

Jolie - Its hard to tell from the photos but near the bottom left side of the cabinet are 2 4" holes with darkroom louvers over them to prevent light leaks but not airflow. For the holes I went to Home Depot and bought a 4" circular drill bit and with a drill, made a perfect 4" hole in the side. A total of 4 4" holes were made in the cabinet.

Hopefully all four plants will be female. I want some good smoke. The shit I get from my friend is decent but my homegrown is way better.

More to come...

2. WW Day 35
    Papaya Day 6
    Hello everyone.

Growth is awesome for the two White Widows.

Growth is normal I would say for the Papaya sprouts but they seem to be doing much better than the WW sprouts did. Very green and healthy looking.

I took off all of the strings of the WWs and completely retied them down to help spread them out.

They are sucking up water really fast. I watered them two days ago and they feel dry already. Ill probably still wait until day 37 (sunday) to water them again will another good dose of nutes.

Here come the photos :bongin:

Attached Files:

3. Dam those plants are looking better and better.:)

4. See any preflower action yet?? Hoping for the best for ya :)

mUNCH :eek:

5. lookin' good bro. I think I might start LSTing mine soon.. I think I may have waited a little too long with my biggest one. It was resisting me when I tried to pull it over. hah.

6. Thanks guys.

I havn't been looking for preflowers yet. I really don't even know what to look for.

Ill try and have an update later today. Im going to get a memorial tattoo for my friend that died in a few minutes.

I did water the WWs yesterday and the Papayas today.

7. Preflowers look just like a tiny 'bulb' with 2 lil white pistils growing from the bulb between the nodes and stalk. Best to look for em near the top of the plant. Give this thread a look see for more detailed info....not sure on the rules here as far as posting links from other sites but so be it:

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/showthread.php?t=64808&highlight=pre+flower

As soon as I found this thread I made a quick trip to radio shack and picked up a 5X magnifier. Looks like I may (and I stress MAY have 7 outta 8 girls) Not enough room round here....what to do what to do? Could definilty just be new growth though.

Would be interested in seeing the new tat if its doable.

Peace,

:eek: mUNCH :eek:

8. WW Day 40
    Papaya Day 11

Alright like I said I watered the Widows on day 37 and the Papayas on day 9. For the WWs I added 1.5tsp/gal of Growbig.

I retied the girls today and thats about it.

Tatermunch - I do have a Radioshack microscope that I picked up for my first grow and it works wonders.

Heres the pics...

Attached Files:

9. your plants are getting nice and bushy :)

I picked up that same microscope you have today from radioshack. hah that thing is fun.

10. Damn, such a nicely organized, well-kept journal. I just read the whole thing in one sitting.

Those plants are gorgeous, I can't wait to see them start flowering.

Excellent job, man.

11. WW Day 42
    Papaya Day 13
    Well its getting hotter and hotter here and the temp in the cabinet when the light goes on at 4pm is 96F and it decreases to 83F before going off and rises to 85F when the light turns on again.

96F is a little too hot for me and the WWs are definately ready so tomorrow will be day 1 of flowering.

At 7am the lights will turn off and will turn back on at 7pm as it starts to get a little cooler here.

I don't expect to get much from the Papayas but I may just let them grow and not train them at all to see how big of a main cola I can get.

Lets just hope for females. ;)

As soon as I sex them I will transplant them into their final containers.

Heres the last veg photos...

:bongin:

Attached Files:

12. ^Third image makes my mouth water.

13. Pre Flower Day 1

Today the lights went off at 7am and went back on 7pm.

Have I mentioned that I hate the summer? I think it was around 90F here today and I was miserable. Even inside the cabinet with the lights off it was 92F.

I put a frozen gallon water jug in there today to help with the heat but I don't think it did much besides melt.

Sorry I didn't have time to take photos today but Ill try to have some for tomorrow.

14. be lucky you don't live where I do... it's already been getting to 100... luckily the closet i'm growing in is attached to an air conditioned bedroom.

so, you're just flowering those papayas real early with the bigger plants?

15. chill some water in the fridge and water with that.

16. Uhh yea. I dont think you should water with chilled water. The temp differential will kill the plants or stress them too much. I was looking at your setup and real nice stealth grow. To help with the heat, I think the only solution is to get a portable ac or something. There is just too much heat. Maybe you can bump up the humidity in the box with a humidifier, thats if you live in dry climate. The water vapor might help soak up some heat. You could also try decoupling your vent hose from your reflector and just suck air from the room and not from the small constrictive reflector hood, and try to avoid bends.

Im starting my first also and just trying to help you with that damn heat. Its getting hot here too and I think I might need an ac in my room.

Best :smoking:

17. I almost forgot, do you know if you have both ladies for the WW?

18. Im new to this place and to growing but this looks like a sweet set up man... shame you only got two out of the ten!

I myself have bought some cal. orange bud from nirvana and doing a greenhouse grow... will be creating a journal soon :)

Keep up the good work and hope you get a good harvest!

19. Pre Flower Day 2

Alright I watered all four of them today.

The Papayas got their first dose of nutes. 1tsp/gal of Growbig.

The Widows got nutes too. 2tsp/gal of Growbig.

The temps seem to be a few degrees less average with their new light cycle.

TheFxckingHero - Whoa. 100F that really sucks. Its been 90F a few days here. No air condition for me. My cabinet is outside so all the intake air is fresh HOT outside air.

Yeah definatly a no to the watering with cold water. Very bad for the roots. I think with the constant supply of fresh air they should be able to handle the temps. Just gotta keep my eye on them.

Gotta go.

Heres the pics...

Attached Files:

20. ah, should start counting flowering days after the plants show signs of sex.. so that actually counts how long they have been flowering, rather than how long the 12/12 has been going, unless i'm mistaken and you already know sex

and yup, very hot indeed. atleast we don't live in phoenix, arizona. I was watching a basketball game the other night that took place there, and the commentators said the news reported the temperature got up to 113 that day.... crazy desert temps...