Cronaholic's 400W LST White Widow Grow - Lots of Photos

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Cronaholic, Apr 14, 2006.

1. I am impressed..don't get so down on yourself though.. you still got two healthy plants and more seeds on the way!! I'm amazed at their size already.. less than a month. good growin dude

2. Day 26
    :hello: I got my Papaya seeds today from Nirvana.

I threw 4 of them into a shotglass of water with a drop of hydrogen peroxide to soak until tomorrow.

The other two are doing well. Retightened the strings and added a few more to keep LSTing.

Thanks for your comments everyone. All advice is accepted and appreciated.

Quick question, what do you think the yellow/green bottom leaves mean?

More growth to come...

:bongin:

Attached Files:

3. They look good.

4. could be lack of nutes

5. I think im going to wait until tomorrow to water and when I do they will get a good healthy dose of Foxfarm Growbig.

Usually the first good dose of nutes I give when growing gives them a huge growth spurt for the next few days.

6. I grabbed a chair too :)
    For some reason I was always fascinated with the C25 grows.

I was just thinking about those really high temps in your cab. Perhaps you might think about taking a couple of 1 gallon milk jugs and filling them with water. Stick them in your freezer and let them freeze up solid. Throw 1 or 2 in your cab at a time during the day, maybe so some of the air from your fan is hitting the jugs. Since you are working in a small space it might be enough to drop the temps for you. The theory behind this is that your cab isn't much different than a small ice chest; it's just not as well insulated.
    <o></o>
    Now that I think about it get some 1 liter coke bottles and use those instead. On the front of your crates cut them out so you can just slip the liter bottles inside your upside down crates. Get anther small fan to put under the crates that blow air over these liter bottles (not towards the direction of your passive intake holes), and move all of the cold air that will settle on the bottom of your cab. Every morning you can just change out your thawed bottles with some frozen bottles in the freezer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this method of cooling his cab a few degrees?

7. What a great idea:hello: :hello:

8. Day 28
    / \
    First of all. Happy birthday to me. :smoke: Happy birthday to me.

So I watered both of the girls today and gave them their first real dose of nutes.

I used 1tsp/gal of Foxfarm Growbig and added about a 1/4tsp/gal of Bigbloom and Tigerbloom. And I added a little Epsom salt for Mg.

They seem to be growing rather fast now and these nutes are going to send them into overdrive.

Once again retightened the strings and maximized the horizontal space.

Out of the four Papaya seeds, two have taproots and went into soil this afternoon and the other two have cracked and should be showing taproot by tomorrow sometime.

There won't be an update tomorrow. Im going to Seaworld for the first time in like 10 or 15 years. :cool:

Heres the photos...

Attached Files:

9. Hi cronaholic. I just read through ya post again to catch up, dam they are looking good. Those white widow are tiny compared with the skunk#1 im growin, dam it i hate to admit it but i wish i grew indica's instead of the lankiest sativa's i could have found.lol. Swing by my journal to see how they are doing some time.
    Catch ya soon bud.
    Spud

10. question for anyone..... can LST be done on a plant that is growing outdoors same question for topping dont laugh i dont wanna fuck somthing up im new??:confused:

11. I love your setup and your plants are lookin really good, cant wait till they start to flower.:D

12. I like your idea with the towell by the fan. Is this towell wet for accurate humidy? Never seen it done before.

13. Lookin good Cron! I saw your LST and I did it to my smaller three plants. They just re-aligned to the light today, which is cool! Im going to Europe for 2.5 weeks, and once I get back im gonna start flowering. Good luck with the grow

14. WW Day 30
    Papaya Day 1
    So two of the papaya seeds popped through the soil this morning and went into the cabinet under the 400W.

For the other two I retied the strings and rotated them in the cabinet.

Studorspud - WW from Nirvana is more sativa than indica. 60/40 according to their website. I had a few problems in the beginning which is why they are smaller than yours right now.

Hopefully I won't have the same problems with the papaya and it won't take them too long to get to a decent size to flower without the WW getting too big for the cabinet.

Motion - The towel you see is dry and is wrapped around the tupperware that is holding the last germinating papaya seed. Its wrapped to keep the light out and its there in the cabinet for warmth.

1r0n1ungs - Have a great trip and I will be visiting your thread again when you get back to see how much your girls have grown.

Heres the pics...

Attached Files:

15. WW Day 32
    Papaya Day 3
    They sure are getting bushy. :rolleyes:

Not much new going on.

The two papaya sprouts are doing well and seem to like being on the bottom of the cabinet about 20" from the 400W.

I tried to show how bushy the other girls are growing in the photos.

Attached Files:

16. Greetings Chron! Great cab and excellent LST skills :smoking: Bummer about your friend. The same just happened to my best bud from high school, he didn't think he would live past '95 tho and so my sympathies. I think he is in a better place where he gets to grow with unicorn guano ... good stuff *nods*

Pic 3 from day 11 (just another stoner opinion), shows the beginning cause of your yellowing trouble. You also mention 'cupping' a few posts later which is caused by Mg deficeincy and is sometimes described as 'praying leaves.' Epsom salt fixes it up and I read you used some. Plants need Mg to absorb Nitrogen so if you are adding N and the leaves just keep turning yellow cause they can't use the nitrogen, mix up some more epsom in a mister bottle and mist the leaves till they drip. Just don't mist your light or it will explode :eek:

I, too, really like your setup and am also now thinking of building a cab. Well, Good Luck and ciao for now.

17. WW Day 33
    Papaya 4
    I didn't take any photos today but I wanted to update because I watered all four of them with plain 6.8 pH adjusted water and the two youngest got Epsom salt in theirs.

Lucian - Unicorn guano...hmm...that does sound like some good stuff.

I thought that it may have been Mg as well but I did give them 1tbsp/gal of Epsom salt in their water. I think I may try misting them if it happens again.

Ill have more photos soon.

18. Just stumbled over from GC. Your grow is looking solid. Great to hear the papaya has arrived. Great to hear the lst is going solid. Too bad to hear bout the hermie...Got me a bit freaked actually as Ive been training my babes pretty hard, so I loosed up a couple ties :eek: .....looks like they may have some lil sacks starting at the nodes...Ive heard this happens from the stress though.

Did you buy your seeds direct from Nirvana? Is that even possible? All of mine are Nirvana cept for my skunk, and are from Gypsy Nirvana in the UK. Ive had similar probs with my WW leaf tips yellowing and curling downward dog style (sorry my girls a yoga instructor, and im all tore up to boot to boot)...have posted to GC bout it, the consensus was that I need to ph my soil to x out any nute lockout.

Been reading up a bit on WW too, and it sounds like WW may like a bit less of everything in the nute dept. I know thats a blanket statement...but forgive me Im a bit twisted here. It'll be nice to see how your girls take to the last FoxFarm feeding.

PEACE,
    :smoking: mUNCH

19. Meant to ask, you give the ice routine a go? If so how'd it work out for ya? Im sitting at 84 degrees in my mills cab, and its only gonna hotter into the summer...any help is good help.

Happy B Day to ya bro :bongin:

mUNCH

20. I really like your cabinet. Two questions about airflow though. First, I do not see any place for fresh air intake. Am I missing something. Second, your exhaust fan goes through a hole in the top right side of the cabinet. I am a real klutz when it comes to building things. Can you tell me how you cut the hole through the metal cabinet. A picture would be nice.

Also, I too have had problems germinating the White Widow (and all other seeds) I bought from Nirvana. Three out of ten is about my germination rate. I am going to try a different seed vendor for my next grow. Hopefully your remaining white widow plants will be robust females. I fell in love with white widow after smoking it in Holland last year. Both my wife and I tripped out on it. good luck.!!:)