Cronaholic's 400W LST White Widow Grow - Lots of Photos

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Cronaholic, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Looks good. That's the kind of setup I'd love to do when I move into a place of my own.

Right now I'll be doing something similar to your 150 watt setup, but I'll be doing some micro scrogging since I don't have as much space as you do. I just got my 150 watt hps today and my roomie modded it for me (he knows wiring and electronics better than I do) so that the ballast is seperate and therefore a cooler setup. We're going to mod the hood it came with to fit a small computer fan and attach standard aluminum tubing to it to vent out the back of a small cabinet grow which will be fitted with a carbon scrubber once it hits flowering. But this is your grow journal, so I digress.

I'll keep an eye out on this so please keep posting pics and updates. Very well organized btw, posting the days so that an accurate amount of time can be ascertained easily and readably.

2. Day 15
    Thanks everyone for sticking along. They keep growing.

Heres two shots I just took when the lights came on.

I think that the slight yellowing of the bottom leaves means its ready for nutes so I fed the 2 smallest ones a half dose of Foxfarm Grow Big in their watering today and mixed in a little Epsom salt.

The bigger one I left alone since I just watered her the other day. If the leaves of the other two start turning a darker green, the big one will get a dose of nutes on her next watering.

Any input?

...stay tuned. :bongin:

Attached Files:

3. the leaves look huge... maybe over watering? and the slight little burn could be because of too much nutes :( and u just added some lol but idk they are still young u wont hurt them too much.. good luck tho hope they turn out okay

4. how thick is the stem and how far is the light from the plants. if it's a 400 watt, it should be at most 1 foot away from the plants. You have a good venting system so heat shouldn't be too bad, but if it's not already that close, move it that close.

Despite that, your plants aren't stretching so that probably isn't the problem . . . Looks a TOUCH too droopy, so you might want to water a little less. On the bright side, they look very green and otherwise healthy, and those internodes are short as fuck, which is nice.

You going to FIM and LST soon?

5. I agree, looks like a slight overwater. Try and cut back for a day or 2. Other than that, they look great :) im sitting this one out for the long haul. :smoking:

6. Day 17
    Hey everyone. :wave:

Now halfway into the third week everything is moving along as it should.

The smaller two are growing much faster now and are a healthy green color. Most of the yellowing of the lower leaves are greener now after their first dose of nutes.

The largest one is still growing at a good rate, but some of the leaves are still cupping upwards. I don't think its from overwatering. The last time I watered the large one was on Day 13. Four days ago. Yesterday the pot felt like it was empty when I lifted it, so I waited until today to water her and to give her her first dose of nutes. The same water that the other two received on Day 15.

Hopefully tomorrow she will perk up a bit.

Infiniteawesome the stems are normal size for their heights and the light is about 10 inches from their tops. The ventilation is pretty good but for probably 4 hours a day the temps will reach 90. The other 14 hours of lights on the temp is around 82. Lights off temps range from 65-75.

Heres how they look today an hour after the lights went on.

Enjoy. :bongin:

Attached Files:

7. your plants are looking nice. I might have to adjust my light schedule to the same you're using. during the afternoons it gets really hot outside, and even though my closet is in a room with air conditioning, the closet stays closed and it gets pretty hot in there with that damn light. I guess I'll try to keep the light off from 11am to 5pm. maybe that will help.

good luck with the rest of your grow. i'll be watching. :]

8. Lookin kinda heavy to me, but other than that looks good! I like your setup too

9. just stopping by, i been following your grow, just not posting,,, im still waiting for the lst to begin. i got my grow posted now. [ finally got a cam ] there all in late flower,,, so be prepared to drool.

many pics of my lst plant,,, awesome bitch,, and some untopped verticle plants, tall as hell with huge colas, ill be here, just in the shadows.:D

10. looking good man!! whats the benifit of the epsom salt? i am a fox farm user and am about to start using the grow big and if you can give me a good reason to add some epsom salt i wil!! what is the bullseye 7.o also? what does that do? im tryin to maximize my grow so thanks for any help!!

11. Its been 8 days, can we see an update? Wanna see how large these pearls have grown ;)

Edit ~ Didn't mean to delete last post, which said basically the same thing as this. I made an oopsie :)

12. Hey can we see an update just interested in how there doing?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry about the delay in updates.

I forgot to bring the camera battery home this weekend so I can't take any pictures until tomorrow.

Which I will have for sure.

Some bad news though. I stressed the largest one a little too much and hermied it and its covered in balls.

Im gonna snap a few photos of IT tomorrow before IT gets the chop.

So far this hasn't been the most successful grow. The other two are doing alright but they could be doing much better.

The Papaya is in the mail so I should be seeing those seeds soon and they will immediately be prepared to grow.

More tomorrow...

14. hey chronaholic, nice grow so far, followed up on your whole grow and it seems like uve had some bumps but im hopin things work out for you :)

*pulls up chair*

15. :mad: The Hermie! :mad:
    So I must have stressed the largest of the two way too much with:

1. Heat.
    2. From everyones input some overwatering.
    3. Im sure there was other stuff as well.

It got the chop and went down the garbage disposal today once I could get some photos so everyone could see what they look like.

And this also looks like a male does when it first shows sex.

And now for the update...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 24
    Sorry about the delay in updates. I won't forget the battery at work anymore.

Alright so Im down to two healthy plants.

I started LST on both of them today after chopping the hermie down.

The temps seem to be under control for now. The highest it reaches is about 84 with lights on during the hottest part of the day.

I transplanted them into the two gallon containers that they are in on Day 20 which was last Thursday. They had the usual transplant shock until yesterday and then they started taking off.

I gave them a good watering on Day 22 which should hold them over until Day 27 or 28.

Heres the photos. :bongin:

Attached Files:

17. lookin' good bro. I love your camera. the pictures are so clear and colorful. :smoke:

18. hey man nice grow so far. too bad about that hermie lots of balls up there. keep up tha green thumb.

19. Day 25
    Since I lagged for a week without updates, heres two days in a row.

They seem to be taking well to the LST. The biggest one grew a bunch in the last 24 hours.

I tied both of them down a little bit more today.

Attached Files:

20. Lookin good man! Too bad for the Hermie