Cronaholic's 400W LST White Widow Grow - Lots of Photos

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Cronaholic, Apr 14, 2006.

1. looking good so far, nice set up. what kind of soil did you use?

2. Thanks everyone. Theres plenty of chairs to go around and were just beginning.

Its been a tough week. But on the otherside Ive talked to friends that I havn't heard from in years. Its good seeing everyone one again, just wish it was under better circumstances.

Hakennase - My soil mix is:

50% Organic potting soil from the local nursery.
    10% Bumper Crop which is a soil additive that includes forest humus, chicken manure, rice hulls, worm castings, bat guano and kelp meal.
    40% Perlite
    and then 2tbsp / gal of dolomite lime

Once I get to day 21 or so I will start using Foxfarm GrowBig and a little bit of BigBloom.

3. sorry to hear the news. It makes you feel like crap for a while :(. Just try to keep acitve. The soil mix is very nice. I really hope this works out for you.

4. I ordered a bunch, 6 packs, of Nirvana seeds from Dr Chronic about 2 months ago. Now I am worried about how they will turn out when I grow them. I'm a little pissed. I should have doen better research into the quality of Nirvana seeds. I have heard on several other forums that Nirvana seeds are a crap shoot. The low price brings everyone to Nirvana seeds. But, as I have seen, you get what you pay for.
    Sorry to hear about your luck. I'm going with Serious Seeds, next time.

5. Here is the photo from day 6 that I promised.

Ill have an update for today in a few....

Attached Files:

6. Day 7
    Here are some photos from today. The one in the middle was the first one to sprout and seems to be growing faster than the other two. The one on the left was the second one to sprout and seems to be growing slower than the other two.

They seem to have a slight yellow tint to them. I think I may have mixed a little too much additive to the soil and made it too hot. They should pull through but this could be why they are growing a little slow.

The next time I water they will get a flush to help them out.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

7. hi chronaholic...i had some seedlings went a bit like that...backing em off the light a little helped
    good luck with it all....nothing like gardening to take your mind off things....

8. Day 11
    I watered them today and I tood a few shots of the damage the biggest received from, I'm guessing the soil additive.

The pH of the water is 7.0 so that shouldn't be an issue.

All of the new growth looks good and hasn't taken damage. I don't think there will be anymore problems with it being to hot.

Attached Files:

9. things look good. good luck to you.

is your papaya almost there? i've never ordered directly from nirvana. how are they on shipping times?

10. They are usually pretty good.

The first time it was order to front door in a week.

Last time it was order to front door in two weeks.

This time I ordered it last Monday and they still havnt shipped it yet.

11. I just read the whole journal, beginning to end, and I'm totally pulling up a chair. Nice work, man!

12. i can't wait to start growing. just looking at your pictures makes me so excited.

13. I just asked this same thing in another thread so I feel weird but how much did that cabinet with lights and fans and all that jazz cost you? I'm thinking about starting two cabinets like that in cycles with a mother so that I can take clones and pump out a harvest ever 4-6 weeks.

14. Uhh..total cost of the setup was...umm...hold on im thinking.

Whoever put the calculator button on keyboards is a genius...

I would say about $500 for everything minus seeds,soil and nutes.

My first harvest grown with it got me 2.75oz.

That means I saved...normally buying a quarter a week at $100 bucks a pop..

hold on..calculator...

$1100

Great deal if you ask me.

I can't wait to see how this harvest turns out. :)

15. Day 13​

I forgot to bring the camera battey home today but I will not forget tomorrow. There will be a few photos for day 14.

The only reason Im posting is so I remember that I watered the biggest one today but not the other two.

16. This is such a good setup Cronaholic you have my full and undivided attention. I've just started my first grow and my plants are a few days younger, but dam your babies look so good, they put mine to shame:( Will be watching your thread very closely for reference.Take it easy.:smoke:

17. Day 14

Took a few shots of the girls today.

The biggest one looks a little off. Not bad but it seems somewhat wilted and some of the leaves are cupping upwards a bit. I also started LST on the biggest one yesterday.

The other two look good but seem to be growing slowly. Im going to water them tomorrow.

Im planning on transplanting them on day 21 or 22. Hopefully these pots will fit them until then.

More to come... :bongin:

Attached Files:

18. Looks fuckin great! The leaves are VERY large and VERY green, which is a great sign. Keep it up, you're the man!

19. Ugh... I want that shit sooo bad. I think with a bubbler system I could get half a pound consistently after a couple of grows. It's the perfect system. I'm thinking either a 400w or a 600w.

20. very nice start! i cant wait to see the turn out. good luck, im thinking about starting a grow, but i only got $100 and dont think its possible to get a good grow with only $100.