Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns Disease

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Broschette, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! My name is Jake, I am a avid weed smoker. I have the intestine disease called "Crohns". I have read on different websites that weed is actually good for the intestines on the way that the pot opens up your intestines (This could be very invalid my research wasnt much). But I was curious on everyone else's opinion on weed with Crohns. Anything commenting back on this post is useful.
    Thanks!
    Jake.

2. #2 BA, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    Cannabis is a great anti inflammatory...I have Ulcerative Colitis which is very similar to Crohns and MJ is the only thing that has ever helped with my symptoms. The only pills I put into my body are Omega 3 and Vitamin D.

When I stopped taking my pharmaceuticals and started using ONLY mmj, everything improved. My other meds gave me horrible skin problems (dry, itchy skin), horrible cramping and nausea, and bad diarrhea. That all went away with mmj...and it's been 4 years for me

Here's granny's "list"

It's a fantastic source...there are quite a few links pertaining to Crohns/UC/IBS

Here ya go, hope this helps

Granny Storm Crow's MMJ List

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_otUB7pVMA]Crohn's Disease Survivor Shona Banda Tells How Medical Marijuana Oil Helps Her "Live Free" - YouTube[/ame]

4. Thanks everyone so much, I am only 18 years old and I was diagnosed when I was 16. Im just looking for what has helped me because I know smoking a bowl is 10x better for me then taking roughly 3 Vicodin. You cant tell me vicodin is better for me then Marijuana.

5. What are some good strains for chrohns. Ive had it for 16 years.

6. Before you start a new thread, please do a topic search, simply because we've had this thread multiple times and there's very good information that's already been posted - i.e. bump the old thread with questions that haven't been covered in the topic rather than starting a new thread.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.