Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohn's Disease

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Suzy Chapstick, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Do any of you guys know if marijuana can be used to alleviate the effects of Crohn's disease? Any info or research you can point me to?

I have a friend who suffers terribly from it, and Im wondering if medical marijuana might help her.

2. Yes! I've been struggling for nearly half of my life with crohn's (diagnosed when I was 10, I'm 19 at uni now) and first started using recreationally in high school when my disease with in a great remission. I started losing weight/having symptoms and pretty much had to switch meds because my old ones stopped working. I learned in that time how beneficial cannabis is for crohnies. It literally relieves EVERY symptom of crohn's - nausea, debilitating chronic pain, lack of appetite, anxiety, etc.

I honestly fell in love with mary and haven't looked back, and cant imagine my life without it now. And if you aren't feeling well, edibles for some reason are like super effective for treating symptoms. I think it has something to do with a large amount of CB receptors in the digestive tract.

INSIST to your friend that she must at least TRY it

peace and love from a Crohnie

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats awesome...Thanks for the input.

I am also so happy for you, that you found MJ and that it has worked so wonderfully for you. I love hearing stuff like this!

• Like Like x 1

4. Yes, I know someone who uses it for this disease. I don't have any info but it is well-known that it is an effective treatment. Ask a doctor, in a mmj state.

5. Same! I have Crohn's disease and it has been a LIFESAVER. I'm 20 right now and I honestly can't imagine my life without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Here are some folks going through Crohn's telling how much they dose with, how often, and strain advice. Sounds pretty damn promising. Good luck and let us know how it's going for you please because that's how we learn here. Crohn’s – Cannabis Health Radio

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have IBS and it has dramatically improved my digestion, pain, discomfort and appetite.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Shona Bonda= leaf on you tube... it is her video talking about juiced raw cannabis... or...

9. I 420% agree with you! I am 49 and have had bad Crohn's for a year and a half and cannabis in many forms has totally made life worth living again cause I have a beautiful family and don't wanna give up cause I am scared to death of Crohn's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk