Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohn's Disease/IBD patients

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by knowthing, Oct 18, 2007.

1. #1 knowthing, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    -

2. I have had Crohns since the early 70s and had a few bowel resection surgeries due to it. Thats when I started smoking M.J. It helped with the pain and made me able to eat..I smoke daily I enjoy it and it helps my Crohns..

3. #3 knowthing, Oct 18, 2007
    -

4. i was recently hospitalized for four days and after a ultrasound, ct scan, and a colonascopy they diagnosed me with crohn's disease. Ive been waiting on a post like this so thank you to "cdeater" for the information.

5. My stepdad suffers from this. He's also borderline emphesema from smoking cigarettes.

It sickens me to think that medicines are withheld by governments and pharmaceutical companies like this.

6. #6 knowthing, Oct 18, 2007
    -

7. Michelle Rainey (pretty big canadian activist) has Crohns as well. She insists the MJ helps.

8. Chrohns? No good at all man. I have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis for over 5 years and MJ is a life saver. MJ is a muscle relaxer that eases cramping associated with UC. MJ gives me an appetite which has suffered from taking over 10 pills a day and it also helps with nausea. Early studies have also showed that MJ may be an effective anti-inflammatory though more testing needs to be done. UC and chrohns are very closely related and I hope you continue to get relief from medical MJ.

9. I know exactly how it feels. I've had IBS for over 2 years now and pot is the only thing that helps. Good thing I'm moving to Cali in December!:D Oh, and does anyone know how long I will have to be a resident before I can get mmj?

10. You can probably head straight to a doctor's office as soon as you cross the state line. But I would call first.

11. That would be great, I'm going to get my new license and what not as soon as I get there, so hopefully I will be considered a resident