Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns and Colitis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sam_Spade, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Greetings all,

I know a few acquaintances with either of these conditions. Just curious what (if any) difference there is.

Thanks

2. Crohn's Disease is the condition, colitis is a symptom (spastic colon). If they have colitis it could mean they have Crohn's, IBS, Ulcerative colitis, etc.

3. Wow, that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thankyou!

4. You're welcome. :)

5. cHECK OUR crohns thread

6. Yep, that's correct. There are also huge differences between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's. Crohn's can affect any and every part of the intestinal tract, can be patchy (have diseased tissue, healthy tissue, then diseased again), and the inflammation affects every layer of tissue. Ulcerative colitis is contained to the colon, has diseased tissue all the way through, and only affects the first layer of tissue.

Just to throw it out there, I do use MMJ to help with some of my Crohn's symptoms, specifically nausea, cramping, and joint pain.