Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crockpot butter ??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ElectricJW, Mar 27, 2011.

1. I used 25g of some mids w/ 20 tbsp of butter...that is 2 and 1/2 sticks.... in a crockpot. The crock pot has 3 settings, low, high, and warm. I put it on "low" then left and came back 20 or so mins later it was bubblin pretty good on the edges and middle. I checked the temp and it came out to be around 220-230F around the edges of the pot. I turned it down to warm and it came out to be 160-170 F w/ no bubbling.

So my question is, if the weed and butter stays under 250F, like 230F, is that too hot if I cook it for 8-24 hrs? And if I cook it on the warm setting, about 160-170F, for 24 hrs, will this temp be hot enough to do a thorough extract?

and btw, I decarbed my bud for 35 mins @ 220f.

2. Did u put your stuff right in the crock or in a bowl or something that u put in the crock

If u used a bowl I'd fuck with the low and pour some water around it to keep it around 212

3. You should know when it's done ,a nice yellowish colour when strained though cheesecloth, if its a dark black/brown youve burnt it but it's still good, just a harsh taste , oh and it shouldn't take nearly 8-24hours as long as the waters a decent temperature when left to simmer, don't let it get too cool.