Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crock Pot cannabutter for dummies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ero, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Btw i decarbed in the microwave and boiled my bud in a crockpot with a stick and a half of butter for about 7 hours. Did not drain and let cool for 24 hours before i used it.

2. Ero - thank you for your concise guide to butter manufacture! The best I have seen, and I have successfully made 3- 2lb batches so far. Varying ratios (up) makes for some good times! My best to you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I read your recipe for cooking Canada butter in the crockpot but cant find it could you repeat yourself sorry I'm new to this and heard you were the best.

4. Crockpot = the worst tool to make canna edible oils with
    Water = a useless contaminate.
    Butter = 15% water, not the best carrier, Coconut oil hits 2x as fast.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

5. Is it safe to say that if your using bud to make butter, the more you put in the stronger it will be? I have some better than average bud that I probably won't get around to toking cause I have some really good stuff for that & I figure it would be less work to make one big batch & preserve it. Would an oz of bud to 2 lbs of butter be a good starting point?? I'm hoping it turns out real strong & like you say I can always cut it! Thanks!

6. BadKats recipe is one of the best ever.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

[​IMG]
    And
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stainless steel cat food dishes = $2.97
    Mr. Coffee Mug heater = $12.00

BNW

7. Very cool. My question is about potency, if you use more bud will the end product be stronger? I figure it will be just asking because I am experimenting with making butter & following the recipe here just got some bud I can afford to put a bunch into. Thanks!

8. The BadKat recipe is as high a weed to oil content as is practical. It's makes a thick mud consistency and you really can't get more Kief or bud powder into the tablespoon of oil.

BNW

9. This will make a very potent oil and should be dealt with by the individual drop.
    Bud powder 1 drop = 1mg
    Kief or Hash 1 drop = 3mg

For new users we recommend starting with say 10mg
    wait 2 hours. If not stoned take 20mg more and wait again
    Still not stoned take 40mg more and wait 2 more hours
    Continue double and waiting until it works.

BNW

10. I recommend to make a small trial batch first with, say, an eighth. Personally I wouldn't want to risk an entire ounce on a recipe I've never tried before.

BrassNWood's recipe is the best in my opinion, and I vouch for his methods, but even so, it's still prudent to make a test batch if you are experimenting with new-to-you techniques.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks!! Will do!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Can you use powdered Lecithin instead of liquid??????????? Maybe add a little more coconut oil??