Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crock Pot cannabutter for dummies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ero, Jan 22, 2011.

1. It looks great! Now if you melt it down and put it in two or three smaller containers, what little water is left will seperate out and make for a nice, creamy butter. This step is really only if you're going to put it on toast or use as a spread. If you're using it in cookies or brownies, no need.
    Congratulations!

2. i sure will do that because i love using it as a spread with jam :D

thanks!

3. #83 aj904, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Made a batch yesterday, seems to have turned out OK.
    Have just taken my first 'dose' (damn service call first thing this morning blew my plans for a breakfast buzz) and will find out how strong or weak this batch will be.
    Thanks so much for all the info and tips!

Works out well, a bagel with an appropriate amount of butter was just right.
    Thanks again for all the info!

4. So I have my first ever batch in the fridge and it turned out really well so far -- and I read through all six pages of this thread hoping to find someone who actually did what they said they were gonna do and come back and let us all know how potent the original recipe is.

I guess everyone was too medicated to come back.

Anyone? LOL

5. #85 mitchey3886, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    Am I able to do the same thing with coconut oil? When in the fridge it becomes solid as well...

6. I'm on my second time making this recipe with 3oz of trim and 3lbs of butter. My brownies come out amazing and I get 28 potent brownies out of one batch. I usually get about 6-8 batches out of the 3lbs of butter.

7. So the amount of water doesn't matter except the crockpot needs to be topped off? Also salted butter vs unsalted doesn't matter?

8. I use unsalted

9. I am using the Water'Less,,NO Water method',on low',in the Crock'pot..twelve hours.
    I also skimmed the white film off the butter'(it's full of water')...

My burn'ing question is..What does water dew to the potencey??
    After all my $$ rapt'd up.in this herb',an'i know those try'cone's fall'out.n'down to the bottom of the pan'of water?? Why not just ''use ah'crock'pot on low? it easy'n'there's no water'to deal with???

10. And no the amount of water doesn't matter. I don't fill it to the brim but I fill it to where stuff starts to float a bit. But that's with using 4 oz in a regular size pot.

11. The important stuff gets attached to the fat in the butter. The water helps regulate the temp. When you take it out of the fridge the water has separated from the butter and you have a perfect disk of budder. What's left in the pot is gross brown smelly water, like bong water. I personally would never do this without putting water in the crockpot. I would be too afraid that leaving this step would scorch it and diminish the quality.

12. So I am going to use a half ounce of some real fire bud put that in the crockpot with a pound of unsalted butter and top the crockpot off with water. I am going to let it cook for about 8 hours and then do all that is necessary for straining and such. I am wondering if I am right on track or if I am not using enough bud? Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

13. Yes. But I usually let mine go at least 24hrs

14. Ok thanks for the input, I am not sure if I can do 24 hours I'd bug out if I passed out thinking I burned the bud or my house down haha

15. Crock pots have been used like this since the 70's and it's not common for them to burn your house down. Maybe plug it in to a surge protector if your concerned. I leave it on that long to make sure every last bit is extracted. But if your crock pot is shitty and has frayed wires you should be worried. ;)

16. When we are talking quantity of plant, are we talking reggie vs. hydro? Because at upwards of $180 for half ounce, this seems very expensive. Will several g's of ponic work instead of large quantity of mids or regs? And just using less butter?

Alternately, how much butter would someone recommend for an eighth of high quality?

17. I only use trimmings, but its high quality. To tell you the truth I've been smoking the trim and its not too shabby! The brownies knock me on my ass if I eat two. I pay the same you do ($175 actually) for a half oz of bud, but I get the same at half price or trim so it saves me a lot. And 1/2 brownie will last me 4-5 hrs. I have fibromyalgia and eating helps with my pain much better than smoking. I can make one brownie last all day and be very productive. But you need to figure out your strength. You could try 1/8 bud in 1/2lb (2 sticks) and if its too strong, which I think it will be waaaay too strong, add the other two sticks to tone it down. Wait at least an hour when you're trying it for the first time that way you get the full effect before you start changing anything.

18. #98 mitchey3886, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    My math is off. I blame it on the brownies. 1/2oz bud per 1lb butter is what the original poster said. So that's 1/8oz bud per stick of butter. 4 sticks are in 1lb. I think that's right...

19. I also only use trim for my products. It really is just as good as the bud for this and a lot less expensive. What mitchey3886 is saying is correct about figuring out your dosing. It can really improve the value you get from your reefer but it also allows you medicate as lightly or strongly as needed. :)

20. Ok I'm trying this method out and I WILL report back w/ good or bad results.

I used almost a 1/2 of some pretty good mids. It weighed 12g before I decarbed and it weighed 11g afterwards. .5 of stems added to the mids, and I left some of the seeds in.

I cooked it 12 hrs and cut it off before I went to work. Put the crockpot on ice in a cooler while I was at work. 10 1/2 hrs later I removed the oil (coconut) and sucked out the water until it was almost gone, added clean water and oil and put back on crockpot.

I will cut it off before work again tomorrow and it will have 24 hrs total cooking time, with 21 hrs cooling/sitting time. I'm expecting great results. Hopefully with it being mids, it wont make me too sleepy, but if so oh well. haha