Critique my plan?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peacelovep0t, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I am an absolute noob when it comes to growing so bare with me. I'm starting a very small 1-2 plant stealth grow very soon. So far my plan is to grow the two babies in a grow box that I have set up with two CFL bulbs with photoshoot type reflectors for maximum output and a couple PC fans for circulation. THEN, after the veg cycle(this is after about three weeks in right?) I was hoping to move the plants outdoor for flowering and the rest. NOW, I know that growing outside in the winter is useless, but I live in Texas and the weather rarely drops below 50 and we get a solid 12 hours of daylight. So is this doable? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Doable yes but not optimal at all. The temp is on the low side and that means it will effect the root system. Better option for something that small is to make or re purpose a small cabinet make a small veg section veg last until the plants are the size you want without stretching for your 12/12 area you can expect the plant to add its height in 12/12 so if you go into 12/12 with a 6 inch plant expect the end product to be around 12 inchs tall.

When short on space go for branching the arms out along some kind of netting make the most of the surface area then have the light above that as for lights cfls work great for veg and you can even grow with them 100w per plant is a good start. So with all that and a carbon filter you could do 2 plants in 12/12 and 4 in veg no problem in a 24 x 24 foot pattern then make it atleast 4 foot tall.

This way you have better control over everything, less risk and way better end result.

3. The only thing is that I'm very limited on space. I couldn't have the plant reach more than 12" at all if I do the entire grow indoor. Plus I can't have it smelling at all.

4. If you are worried about smell then do not even attempt it outside. Outdoor plants can be smelled blocks away when in full flower.

5. Really?:0 you don't think I'd be okay with a couple 20" plants outside in the woods?

6. Thats even worse because in the woods the MJ plants will be lush and green while everything else will be brown/tan/yellow mise well put up a spot light to it ;/

7. Oh I see. So I would be better off with a carbon filter indoors?

8. yes and diy one is cheap and easy

9. though i have little experience with air filters as a means of stymieing odors associated with indoor marijuana grows (mostly because it's legal where i live), i have serious doubts with their effectiveness. a marijuana plant will make your entire house extremely pungent.

my advice is to obtain a book entitled "Invisible Marijuana and Psychedelic Mushroom Gardens". You have a number of options in my opinion. You must be creative-perhaps the essence of THC itself, ironically.

10. Could work but might as well use the tent all the way through.

11. The problem with a tent or anything that would require much room... Is that I don't have much room haha. I'll have to induce flowering around 4 inches just to keep it small. Yes, I know I won't get much from a 8-10 inch plant but I'm okay with that. I'm just doing this little project for kicks. Here is what I'm using for my grow area. It's under my guitar amp and under a blanket. A plant induced at 4" shouldn't smell too much right?

Attached Files:

12. you might be surprised how much it will stink.

you got air flowin' in the grow box?

13. Yes two PC fans blowing around the lights

14. that's good.

i think you should just grow somewhere else. been there, not worth it!

15. i've heard of people growing way up high on hill or mountain faces or even up in trees.

16. Haha I'm pretty sure once the plant has been in veg for a few weeks I'll move her outside to a safe spot in the woods. I live on a green belt and there's a nice area pretty deep in the woods next to a stream that would be perfect. If it doesn't end up working out there, I'll just have to try again and do the whole grow indoors with a carbon filter and all. Or just wait till spring. :)

17. If I do end up staying indoors for flowering, would jimmy-rigging a sack of activated carbon to the fans so that all air blow through them work? The toughest part about where I'm growing is that two sides of the box are just blankets so there's no real exhaust area

-In order to be free, you must live outside the law-

18. Okay here's the updated box... Fans are in and lights are in... Ready for veg once the seeds are germinated.

19. Pic...

Attached Files:

20. yea, I don't know, man.