criticism needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StalksOfStealth, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I have been gathering information over the past few weeks about growing and I am getting really close to starting but first I thought I would throw my ideas out there and see what other people thought. Please tell me what you think is good and what needs to be changed. I also have a few questions about some stuff I am unsure about.

This is going to be a soil grow with 2-3 plants

4'x4'x4' box built of plywood the walls being painted with flat white paint
    4" exhaust fan on top of the box
    6 20 watt cfl bulbs in Y splitter 1 on top and the other 2 on the sides
    4" intake hole

is there enough light for 3 plants?
    Will the 4" exhaust fan be enough for this space?
    I have seen the soiltabs and flowertabs that nirvanashop is selling and was wondering if they were worth buying?
    Any other advice or criticism you have is welcome as I am open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. Im pretty sure its 100watts for the first plant and 50-75(depending on how you place these lights)watts for anything extra.

Ive also heard anything 20w and under is just too small to penetrate anything -and the lowest being accepted is roughly 24/25 watts in a cfl.(Not sure how true this is.)

Have you gotten all your other gear? PH testing gear for soil and water? Vegging Nutes?. What spectrum CFL's ? Carbon Filter/Scrubber for when they start stinking ?

Im no good with non metric measuring systems, so i apologies (i cant even visually picture it lol), ill leave that part to another.

3. what type of fan?

and what the previous posted suggested

4. I guess I should go with 26 watt cfls?
    I'll be starting with the 6500k to begin with and 2700k once I start vegging.
    I haven't bought any nutes yet thats why I was wondering if the soiltabs and the flowertabs would work? If not what would you suggest? Keep in mind Im on a budget right now.

I planned on making a carbon filter later on I just want to get every thing going first.

As for the ph testing would just regular test strips work?

Im not sure on the fan yet what would you suggest?

Thank you guys for helping me out i really appreciate it