Critical OG Kush 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Apps, Sep 20, 2016.

1. My very first grow, Been reading up quite a bit about this so hopefully it goes well - starting late with the journal.

Its day 12 from Germination, last week was very warm and temp in my grow room reached around 35° with high humidity which caused some stretch, not too bad, but some. Also made the rookie mistake of overfeeding them.

1 stem bent quite bad so I've stood it up with some help of wood and a twist tie.

I have since managed the temperature with a welcomed drop in temperature from the good lord, not fed them for 24 hours to let the soil dry out a bit (sprayed with water - no nutes) and created circulation to cause a little draft on the plants, hopefully this will help the stem grow stronger.

Leafs look a healthy green color although 1st leafs have curled?

Wondering whether to feed them 20160919_182920[1].jpg 20160919_182942[1].jpg next or just water.

Learning as I go, paying attention and reacting.

2. Forgot to mention...

Using Canna Coco plus
    Coco A & B - currently 20ml per 10L

3. What kind of a light are you using and how far is it? They look a bit stretchy. You can bury the stem when you transplant them to a bigger container though so it's no biggie. You might want to add some perlite to your coco when you transplant, you get better aeration and drainage. Something like 30% perlite should be good.

4. They are under a 125w CFL pot to light is about 12 inches, I will drop it lower. Will look into the perlite.

any Ideas on the curling leafs?

5. I wouldn't worry too much about the cotyledons (the first round small leaves) curling, they just get the plant started and soon become redundant. Your "true" leaves look fine.
    You should drop it significantly lower, just a few inches from the plants. A good test is to put your hand where the plant tops are and see if it feels hot after a while. If it feels hot, it's too close.

6. Thanks Bro!

I will drop it asap then!

only 4 of the 5 will make it to flower.

7. No problem, keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lowered my light to about 3 inches from the top of the plant... Will check this in a few hours

1474375433140.jpg 1474377324763.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. 2 weeks and 2 days into their life's and they are flourishing!!!

I have noticed a root poking out the bottom of the tub of my star pupil.

I don't want them to get potbound and I don't want to transplant them and risk stretch, as in larger pots I not get the (CFL) light as close. I had them down to transplant on the 3rd week.

Going to check the roots daily because I don't want too many poking out and risk damage when I do transplant. 1474732511046.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app