Critical of Movies when Stoned?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RazzleDazzler, May 27, 2012.

1. Hey I was wondering if anyone else turns into Roger Ebert when they're stoned? For some reason when I watch most movies when I'm stoned I feel like I'm watching a sub-par play and to quote myself, "I can see the actors acting and the dialogue is unconvincing." Not all movies are like that for me; I went to the Avengers and liked it and watch movies on Netflix that I enjoy, but movies I usually like or don't mind watching sober really go down in quality.

2. I've lately been watching of movies such as Limitless, Shrink, Requiem for a Dream..movies that are visually appealing and have you guessing everything. Lots of suspense and mind twists, what if's.

I hear you tho OP, occasionally I'll laugh at a serious part knowing how cheesy movie scene might be.

3. Oh man I hear you on the cheesy thing. We went to the movies after eating firecrackers and blazing and saw Battleship. That movie is beyond cheesy, we were laughing when the actors were supposed to be stoic. Really really bad acting too.

4. I usually can watch any movie but when Im stoned I can always pick up on all the holes in the plot and what not. It kinda pisses me off because I rarely enjoy movies when Im baked now haha

5. I totally agree with you OP. When I went to see James Cameron's Avatar baked, The acting/dialogue was so unconvincing that I would laugh out loud at the serious yet awfully scripted/directed parts.

6. I get the exact opposite. I can enjoy anything when I'm high, whereas when I'm not a film has to be really good for me to enjoy it.

One of the billions of beneficial side effects.

7. I'm overly critical of movies in general. I don't think being stoned makes me more critical than I already am, but it definitely makes me enjoy good movies more.

8. I enjoy, or can tolerate more things when I'm high.

If I had to name one movie that you have to see while high..

Inception.