critical jack outdoor auto

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mvmarley, Jul 7, 2013.

1. hello everyone

here we have my crirtical jack autoflower, bought from dinafem seeds

after previous failures with tent grows under cfls (very small yeilds) i decided to give up growing for a bit and instead went back to paying for it :(, up until a month ago i had this seed lying around in my drawer, i had already sold my grow tent and equipment so decided to go low tech and after speaking to a friend who had sucessfully completed several outdoor grows i decided to plant it outside, 4 weeks ago in bio bizz soil.

as you can see from the pictures this is how it looks now. this plant has had nothing but rainwater from my waterbutt fed when the soil becomes dry only, this has been left to grow on top of my waterbutt for 4 weeks.

about 2 weeks ago i noticed some strange goings on, deformities with the leaf tips, some not grown fully and other growing at a weird angle as you can see in the photos

2 days ago i noticed some strange patterns on the leafs, white lines and small clusters of white dots, i have closely inspected these and they are not a pest or critter at all, can anybody shed any light on the matter for me, or explain the leaf tip abnormalitys?

this will be the first autoflower i have attempted to grow and have not added any nutes as of yet, my firend has given me a bottle of doff nutrient and told me that is all i will need to add through the plants life, as of yet i have not fed any of this nutrient to the plant as i overkilled it with nutes when i attempted my first tent grow.

i am completely new to outdoor growing and also to autoflowers so any advice on the nutes or when to add, and if you have any opinions on the plant or something i am doing wrong or not doing please dont hesitate to say

i would like to try and complete the grow sucessfully this time

thanks for your time :)

Attached Files:

2. #2 Shifty007, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
    Those are infact pests. They are leafminers. You can spray with been and it will help with prevention but won't completely stop them. The ones that are currently affecting your plant you can kill be going to the end of the white that is largest and poking thru your leaf with a knife, needle, or similar sharp object. Also do not worry they will not kill your plant and it is likely being later in the year you won't have any further infestation. The deformation of the leaves was likely caused by different pests thou I can't say for sure what kind get yourself some been and start using it immediately. Good luck.