critical jack - 400w scrog soil techna cab

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alamn, Nov 18, 2010.

1. #21 alamn, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
    Day 34 flowering, day 70-something overall

Started the flush. Hoping to chop in about 2 weeks. Pistils are not changing yet, but the trichomes are around 30% cloudy...I basically don't want any amber trichs if i can help it, not a fan of the couch-locking body buzz. I am hoping that my timing will work out...it will be a 7th week of flower harvest. Since I started the flush a few days ago, I am noticing more yellowing leaves. I think that is normal though. On a side note, the clones have started growing pistils after about 4 days of 12/12. Trying a few things with them, specifically supercropping, FIM, and topping. Will let yall know how that works out..
    Incidentally the super-cropped one showed pistils first.
    Heres some pics...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Heres some trichomes at 100x. I had to get creative with my camera and my scope...the results are some partial pics. The sample is from one of the bigger 'top' flowers. These were taken 3 days ago.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Not the best pictures but I could at least tell the cloudy from the clear.
    until next time..

2. Day 38 Flowering

Lookin nice. Pistils starting to turn a golden orange/brown here and there. It hard to see in the pics cause of the light spectrum. Plants are cranking the resin, my fingers are sticking to the keys as I type! Smell super citrus now, kinda still fruity minty skunky musky....alot of odors goin on! which means alot of taste...cant wait!
    Still feeding to an extent, last stage of flush in the next 9 days, just water. The Technaflora diet I am using dictates a pre-harvest mini-feed, mostly Sugar Daddy and MagiCal. Then just water for the last 9 or so days.
    Heres buddy!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Day 42 flowering, 82 total

Shes smelling strong and cranking resin. maybe 25% of pistils have changed. Trichomes are about 40% cloudy 60% clear. Cut a shitload of yellowing growth under the screen. Started removing fan leaves here and there. You really dont realize how much is goin on under the screen, after removing a bunch of dead leaves and soon to be dead leaves, I discovered a bunch of little buds that were nearly invisible before. They seem to be a little ahead of the big tops, which is not surprising. I cut one to dry and sample, smells very citrus/fruity/skunky.
    Heres a few pics, pardon the blur...I was in a hurry at the time.

[​IMG][​IMG] a few with the flash on, bad focus i know sry
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Fine buds - the trichrome shots are excellent, you're going to have a mighty nice time soon.

Please continue!

5. Ha thx I shall continue!:hello: How are your jacks doing?

6. lookin fantastic dude :hello: +rep

7. Thanks! Cant wait.

8. let me know what u got for dry weight... sweet plants

9. Day 45 flowering, 85 total

Chop chop in less than a week!
    If I don't post again before the cut, ill get back on with pics and a wet weight.
    Got up the gumption to give one of the buds a firm squeeze...rock solid! I was surprised.
    My sample, which was still a bit harsh/green when i smoked it, was super fruity tasting.
    Heres some pics!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

im not religious but ill say a prayer for her before I cut her down and she dies...a virgin...such tragedy is romantically bittersweet....but mostly just SWEET:D

10. Beautiful lady ya got there! I know she won't die in vain!

11. dont forget to take your sacrament whilst in prayer :smoking:

12. Sacrament will be had, on this you can trust me :D

13. Day 47 Flowering, 87 total

All is well. Getting excited!
    Heres some pics! Next post will be have wet weight and harvest pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I was screwing around with my camera settings while taking these...damn HID light makes things look less intense....will have some real nice pics up on chop-chop day....

14. Gorgeous as per usual.

Tell me about your fan leaf trimming policy. Your scrog is orderly. My first is a mad house.

15. :Dty ty
    Well what I do is look down on the bud sites under main buds, see what gets covered/shaded. Its usually obvious because these buds are in the shadows....basically if i see a fan leaf thats partially blocking light to a lower bud, i trim as much as i can off. Enough to allow light to reach lower buds. Throughout this plants life I have removed about a plastic grocery bags worth.
    In my case I was able to trim a lot of fan leaves without really affecting my plant. I'm sure this factor varies between different strains, just like a strain be good or bad for scrog/super-cropping/stress training. Some you can practically tie in a knot and it wont care...others will break with the slightest pressure against the stem.
    In the last 2 weeks or so I have cleaned out under the screen, lots more dead stuff than I imagined. Also I have been liberally removing fan leaves and some of the trim around some bigger buds. Again, not all plants are gonna respond the same...but as far as I can tell this strain is super resilient. I have 3 nice clones that are 2 weeks into flower and the have responded well to topping, FIM and super-crop. My super cropped one has developed 4 mini stems in place of 1 big one where i broke it...very odd looking and its still flowering just as vigorously as the others.
    This is my first attempt at the scrog...Ill also note that during the first 10 days of 12/12, I continued to use a MH instead of HPS. This is because the blue spectrum it throws off actually reduces the early flowering stretch. I should have waited a bit more than 10 days, I could have filled the screen a bit more. It stretch was more like 18 days or so.

16. And boom goes the dynamite!

wet weight of top buds..about 1 pound
    wet weight of lesser/smaller buds...about 3/4-1 pound

Feel free to take guess' on the dry weight! I'm estimating 7.5 OZ dry....

Also about half a pound of trim that's just coated in trichomes, gonna build a tumbler and get some hashish going!

Bud is hanging up to dry, trim and 'popcorn' buds on a silk screen....

Made quick hash from my tools/clippers, tasted like juniper/berry, a 30 minute mind bending high was the result from 2 hits each for my trim partner and I. Very nice!

I promise pics tonight or in the morning! Camera battery is on the charge. There is so much more than I expected.....about 75% of the stuff has purple on it too....I keep a pretty low dark temp.:cool:

17. Congratulations :hello:

18. Some pics of the dry area and a few choice buds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. MOAR BUDS!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

20. beautiful bud man
    :|
    wish we had anything but swag in the bahamas :(