Critical HOG Bubble bucket SCROG. First time.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Darkjasper, Dec 25, 2012.

1. 36x36x72. I was wanting to do 2 plants next grow in the tent but sort of looks like I might need to upgrade.

2. Nice. And you are using a 600w hps?

3. Yup, 600w hps. Switched from cfls right before flowering.

4. Nice! What are you thinking for your next set up? Are you still going to put two in here?

5. Might swing for a DR120 room which is 48x48. Or might just stick with one plant depending on my yield. Was interested in cloning this one but didn't want to focus on that this run. Guess I could still take clipping if I really wanted too. Still have a little cab I could clone in. Just been busy with life. Super happy this one hasn't been to needy.

6. New pics, just got home and decided to take some closeups. Man does she look awesome. Root ball is practically filling the bucket at this point, i use way less water now. Temps are good and looks like ph is right on. Will probably pickup one of the floranector's and try that out. Can't see it doing any harm.

Here is a link to a full size image of one below.
    imgur: the simple image sharer

Attached Files:

7. Looking real nice :smoking:

8. Some new updates, finshed my ez cloner and the cuttings have started to root. Though they are looking a bit sad. They were in just plain tap water so I decided to start adding some nutes and am hopeing for a speedy recovery. Pretty easy setup and was surpised all 4 clones rooted with in a week.

As for the main plant, she is looking really good and starting to show a good amount of sugar on her leaves and the buds are coming together nicely. Growth has slowed down, which is good because I have very little room above the light (maybe 4 or 5 inches left). Started adding the floranectar fruit rush or what ever it is called and she seems to be liking it. Looks like she will be in there for another month+. Hopeing to harvest and have a bit of bud cured by 4/20. Look like shes on track for it.

Trying to figure out my next grow.

Considering getting a little bigger tent, maybe 48x48 one so I could grow 2 plants at a time. Don't know for sure yet. Any suggestions? Was thinking a Jardin DR120 2 but those are about 200.

Well here are the pictures.

Attached Files:

9. Tons of hairs and a nice frost build up already

She's gonna be a white whale lol

10. hey that ebay set up is crazy great price, thats what you wound up with? plants look great

11. I wound up with the 600w ipower setup. Secret jardin dr90 2 tent. With a phresh 400cfm filter. Has treated me well so far.

Clones I took of it have rooted great, roots are about 6 inches long now. DIY autocloner worked wonders.

12. Nice, exactly what I'm looking at with a cool tube. those buds look mighty sticky!

13. Good stuff Dark!

14. Thanks guys !

Update time,

Been a few days since my last update and have run into a few issues. I have built a new veg chamber out of some shelving units and panda film which is doing a awesome job, just using cfls for the time being. Might upgrade to a 250mh in there down the road. Moved 2 of the strongest clones from the cloner I had made into some 3 gallon buckets. Setup is looking nice I think. Though my clones developed some nasty brown root, though they were still looking very healthy. No drooping or color weirdness. I ended up draining the water and cleaning the buckets with a water/hydrogen peroxide mixture, also snipped off all the dieing/brown roots.

Also added air stones to my veg buckets, thought I would not need them but looks like the water might have not had enough oxygen getting to it with just the water fall from the res pump. Hopefully I start seeing some nice white roots on them again soon.

As for my flowering plant she is looking very good, I am on week 6 of flowering.Had to raise the light to the top of the tent since it looked like a few leaves on the canopy were getting a little bleached. Bought a little microscope and all the trichomes are looking milky though with little to none (less than 1%) that have a hint of amber to them. Hoping to start seeing some of that amber soon since I would like to harvest and have a bit of it cured by 420 =).

Sorry for the wall of text, Here are more photos that I took over the last week!

Attached Files:

15. That shit looks amazing. Ur doing a great job.

I too have a critical hog seed and I think u just convinced me to throw that in for my next run.

How's the smell on her?

16. Looks good bro, I don't think you'll have any ready for 420 bro, I think that's about the time you'll be chopping, the pistols all look extra white and young, just my opinion tho, shit looks Awsome bro

17. Hey man, your plants look awesome. Good job. I will ay though I am surprised to hear you say you are looking at all milky trichomes I would take a closer look. Based on the stage your buds are in, all those trichs should really still be clear. They don't get cloudy till the end, then amber very very late. I am not saying it impossible, but your buds look too immature to be seeing cloudy trichs, or at least a majority of cloudy trichs.

But I am loving those buds. Looking forward to seeing your harvest. Peace.

18. #58 Darkjasper, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

I rechecked the trichomes, most are the half milky half clear on the tops at the moment. Some of the smaller leaves have more of the clear not as mature ones. I want to say about 65% while scanning over a few bud sites and smaller buds at the screen level. Looks like half of them are still not mature at this point though. Man is it hard to hit the right spot on the leaves to get a good view at 60-100x magnification. But ya Looks like this is going to be a bit longer than 8 weeks, but in no rush I am sure I will know when shes ready.. As long as she stays healthy its all good. First time so still learning what is what =)

19. Just went to refill my resivour today on my flower chamber and noticed that the ppm was sky high, sitting at around 3k!. She is drinking way more water than nutes. So instead of doing my normal fill I added about 2 gallons of phed tap water to bring the ppm back down. Still hovering at around 1700 but by tomorrows fill the water should be back within range. What tipped me off were the small growths under the screen were yellow, also some of the calyx's were also yellow.

Have not been checking the ppm often enough it seems, will start checking before I add water from now on to see what I should be adding.

Clones (no longer clones) seem to be doing better now, roots are coming in white. Plants looking healthy.

20. My vegging plants are doing great now, roots are sparkling white and they seem to be doing well for the amount of light in there.
    Most of the trichomes on my flowering plant are milky now, some starting to turn to amber. Thinking I might only need 2/3 more weeks before cutting. Should I go one more week with lower nutes then flush the last two weeks?

Thought I would snap some more pictures today. Help be the judge.

Attached Files: