Critical HOG Bubble bucket SCROG. First time.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Darkjasper, Dec 25, 2012.

1. That sounds like a plan to me. Though will be hard to lst to my lid of my bucket but I have a idea in the works with some old grate shelving. Should have some pictures in the next couple days. Sooner if I see a decent amount of new growth or have any issues. Along the way.

Thanks for all the advice.

2. New pics!

Looks like the plant is enjoying the full nutes. Have 2 leaves now stretchering the pot. Plant still looking fairly good, other than that yellow tip that has been there for a while now. Roots looking really good. Looks like the 5th node is showing up. Though going to need to top off the water in a day or so Gallon should be fine till I swap the res out.

Temps in the "room" are sitting around 75 with the lights on. Plant is about 3 inches from the lights.

Attached Files:

3. Checked the plant today, not much has changed. PH is still sitting around 5.9 and nutes are looking a little sparse with a ppm of 870. According to then Gen hydro schedule says I should be around 1000~.

Plant sprouted the 21st of december, making this little girl 21 days on Friday. Does she look a bit small? Will take some updated pictures in the morning.

4. So more pictures today. Though I do have a few quick questions. Plant is looking good considering tieing it down to the lid in a few days. Do you really think I should top it or just try to train it with the tie down and scrog screen? Also about what height should I place the screen. Cab height is 20 inches and I was thinking of placing the screen at about 11 inches.

Attached Files:

5. if your going to put it in a screen theres no sence in tieing it down, a screen is a different form of LST instead of tieing the branches down you weave them through the screen and it does the same thing essentially. but i would top the shit out of it before it reaches the screen. i would wait a bit to top. i usually top either a few mins before the light comes on or a few minutes after it come on so it has all day to recover.

6. So where would I be looking to top it? I am guessing screen level?

Just ended up getting a tent, by the time this grow is over I will probably be in the tent. Then have my clones in this cab so I can keep some of this plant, looks pretty hardy. Though still with the CFL's looks like I will have to wait for the next grow for a 400w light setup.

7. Ya i was looking at that light setup not 2 hours ago. The 6" cool tube version. Bout 140. Though I was also considering the 600w setup for the 40 buck difference. This will be in a basement so it will normally be cool. Though the tent I got was the jardin DR90, the max they recommend is the 600w. But I feel as I would have adequate cooling with the cool tube for that size.

Ya I will be keeping it in veg I think another week or two at this point. Change the nutes out this friday and wait for the tent to show up and then transfer over, take a couple clippings and switch to flower. And start scrogging from there.

8. 600's get hot bro, youll need to invest atleast invest in a fan to cool it. you can get a cheap filter fan combo for like 100$ unltimatly bro youll end up expanding. might as well only do it once. trust me ive dumped countless $ on nothing but "upgrades" only to end up where im at and honestly i dont think im done lol

9. So today is the 21st day of the grow so I changed the water and added the week 3 nutes to the grow. PPM sitting at 1190 with ph at 5.7ish. Roots really have blown up since the last picture, I want to say almost double maybe even triple the root mass after 2 days. Astonishing.

I really did not see that much growth till after comparing pictures of her. Took more close up pictures than before. She is looking really sexy, she is so short and growing tons of new under growth at nodes. I am afraid she will be to short. She is only 3 inches tall. I have to keep reminding myself that she is going to be a short plant. Every thing is going smooth and surpsied by the lack of issues I have seen.

Really wish I could pick up a 600w for flowering but don't see that happening in the next month, unless my holiday pay is way more outstanding than usual. And ya of course I would get a inline fan and filter, my cfls already create a good amount of heat. Can't imagine the amount a 600w puts out. I think a 400cfm 6" fan on a speed controller should suffice.

Attached Files:

10. Alright, so my grow has changed quite a bit. Got new lights, venting and tent setup now. Just built my scrog net a few days ago and plant is looking very good. Still on my routine of GH nutes. Will be switching to 12/12 in a few days. Think the net will fill up nicely?

Current setup, 600w MH cool tube, 400 cfm fan on a controller, Secret Jardin DR90 tent. Still using the same type of hydro setup but with a inline pump to push water up and out of the tent to the res.

Attached Files:

11. Looking legit! The new setup is great she should love it and I can't wait to watch how your flowering goes

12. Everything still going fairly smoothly. Switched to the HPS a few days ago and it is on the 3rd day of 12/12. Screen is filling up pretty quick. Should I just keep pulling them under for a week or so? Letting some of the lower growth catch up to the top? Kind of confused how long to actually scrog so that they all grow together.

Found a setting on my camera to fix the white balance of the photos so I no longer have that yellow tint to the pictures. Also added a 200mm pc fan to push some air over the tops of the plant. Sitting around 75 with the light on. One problem I was having was that the main stock kept growing and pushing it self out of where i set it in the screen, holes were to big for the top to stay in place. Fixed it with a little bit of extra string.

Pics

Attached Files:

13. So been a bit since I have added a update. Screen has pretty much filled up so I stopped tucking it under. Really blew up when I switched over to the 12/12. Noticed some drying out of some fan leaves that were in the center so I suppspect that the light was to close. Moved it, hopefully I do not see any more damage. Getting really dense around the screen, almost no light is making it past the bottom of it now. Going to pick up a oscillating fan soon since the little 200mm fan is not pushing enough air to get past that first bit of green.

She started showing some pistals a few days after the switch. Seems to be some awesome genetics, i do not have to do much to keep her happy. Checked in the bucket the other day and she started snapping the netpot with her roots. Hopefully she doesn't destroy the whole pot. It is just a 3inch that I was using from start, will definatly be moving up to the 6 inch that comes as a lid next grow.

Also my ec seems pretty off, was at 1009 yesterday and sitting at 1209 now. Either she is drinking tons of water and no nutes or I need to recalibrate my meter. Buying some more solutions tomorrow.

It also looks like I will have to keep this a 1 plant op since it seems that one takes up all the space with a screen.

Pics!

Attached Files:

14. She's is one big girl! You should come out with a nice yield, keep up the great work

15. Still going strong, bit of new vertical growth.

Attached Files:

16. Looking good!!
    What are you hoping to yeild of her?

17. Have no idea, this is my first grow so going into it I was not expecting anything to amazing.But as of right now it looks like I should be yielding a decent amount. Seed bank says it is suppose to have pretty awesome yeilds though. Few ounces would be nice =)

18. Agreed! What size of tent? I'm not sure if I read that on here or not.