Crispy yellow leaves on 10 day old sprout

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nexiusus, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I have a few sprouts under CFLs being prepared for some to go outdoors and some to go under an HPS. I noticed one of the sprouts has very yellow leaves and when I touched them they were so hard that the leave got a little crack in it. The sprouts are in Jiffy mix in clear 12 oz party cups. They are 4 inches away from the light source and are recieving 6.6 pH water. No nutrients yet obviously which is why I'm not sure why this is happening. I think it's definitely something to do with the pH so I flushed it with 7.0 and decided to use 7.0 till they get out of the sproutling phase. I moved the one with the yellow leaves out from right underneath the light source because I imagine the pH being too acidic plus 24 hours of light 4 inches away from a CFL.

Any one got an idea?

[​IMG]

2. by the way none of the other sprouts are having this problem. i noticed my box sometimes gets up to around 84 degrees and when the plants are only 4 inches away from the light i thought maybe this could be the cause of the crispiness, but i would think the other sprouts would be having the same problem if that was the case!

any thoughts?

3. i just took a look at the rest of my plants and upon examination i realized that they all had hard leaves. is this because the light source is too close and its too hot for those little guys?

someone has to have an idea =/ ive never grown indoors in my life and this kind of shit has never happened to me outdoors