Crispy Plants.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nugglord_420, May 12, 2008.

1. Hey all, got a slight problem here.

These are Hashberrys that are about 2 months old. Been keeping them small in my micro-box with a combination of topping and LST. Well lately the leaves have been drying up from the outside inwards and usually die. Even though this is going on, I manage to get new growth.

I don't have a ph meter or anything like that, so I can't give you some of that information. My best guess is that they're being underwatered. I try to give them about half a liter every day, and when I water the soil it is usually very dry. The light is also on 24 hours a day.

I plan on bringing these babies outside within the next two weeks, where I think it will be easier to manage them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    nugglord420

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      125.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      139.4 KB
      Views:
  2. It looks like pH issues to me, just based on the appearance of the leaves and the fact that you're getting healthy looking new growth above even while the lower leaves are dying. You really ought to have a pH meter though, it's a huge handicap to your grow to not have any idea what's going on with something so vital to your plants.

You can buy a cheap pH meter from any gardening store, which can at least give you some idea about pH. Once you know that, you can take measures to fix it. I'm hesitant to recommend anything without that info, but buying some pH up/down can help you manage it.