Crispy leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zershin, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I noticed today that some of my plans have a few dry and crispy leaves. What could cause something like that? Is it a humidity problem?

Thanks again GC

2. Gee thanks

3. i think hes just expressing the point that we need more info if we are to try to give you some advice. you need to provide some detailed information on your grow/enviroment/setup for us to try and figure out whats wrong. pics if possible, would obviously help alot as well.

4. Thanks db, couldntv said it better myself. ;)

What is your humidity set to? What are you temperatures?

5. My humidity droped to around 30%-40%, the temps stay between 60-74F. I didn't know notice anything wrong until I added some Espona Kelp Meal. I use only organic terms, so I don't think it's burn. I ajust my watering ph to 7.

Thanks again everyone

6. well depending on what type of grow meduim you're using, hydro or soil. your pH for hydro should be bout 5.5-5.8. and soil pH 6.4-6.8. pH out of these ragnes can cause nute lockout hence often shows as deficiency's. if you're using soil, you'll also need to do a soil run-off test. your soil most likely affects your pH balance. so when adjusting your water - youd need to take that into account.

your humidity is also pretty low, you need to keep it above 40% for sure, but id recommend more around 50pct. (maybe 45% during flowering)

the optimum temps for MJ is normally said to be between 70-80 degrees. with a sweet spot of around 75-78degrees with 50-55% humidity.