Criminalize Sale of THC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by OppeMon, Aug 10, 2010.

1. But make it legal to produce, possess and use medicinally/recreationally. Any Hemp products with a THC level under a set percentage can be traded/sold, this will keep the hemp industry protected. The reason our youth get access to these drugs is because street dealers give them access, with no street dealers the only people these kids will ever get it from is their parents or friends who grow it. This puts the responsibility on the parents to teach their children responsible use of such herbs. The reason I believe this would be a great idea is that it would make honest users of this natural plant happy, it would make most parents happy, it would totally screw over drug dealers who can no longer sell a weed, and it would encourage a carbon neutral hemp industry. If you have any other ideas, feel free to comment. I am not looking for criticism but a community-driven discussion for this possibility.

2. what do kids and dealers have to do with hemp? neither of them want hemp.

3. That sounds like decrim of marijuana with legalization of hemp.

4. You realize that if marajuna is legalized it will no longer be sold by drug dealers, but by gas stations and bud stores right?

5. There is no good reason to prohibit the voluntary exchange between individuals of any substance, especially one as harmless as THC unless you were profiting off the black market that arises out of prohibition.

I smell a dealer/grower...

6. Legalize both, I wonder how society got stuck on the thinking that drugs are bad.

7. Indoctrination through schools and television are the main reasons I would attribute to the widespread acceptance of this common misconception.

Most people even recognize that some drugs are necessary, but most people also believe that illegal drugs are bad. Kind of amusing, no?

8. people honestly dont understand what goes on behind closed doors, television seriously ruined this country... fuck what a brain blast!

think about that shit though, weve been going seriously down hill since then.

9. Yeah but dude I dont know how I would have made it this far without LOST and ENTOURAGE.

10. Drugs are bad. . . except for the ones that I use!

11. Thank God those harmful anti-depressants are legal. Oh wait, thank the corporations.
    My bad.

12. This is what I don't get also. Who decided taking drugs is bad? I didn't decide that that's for sure. What's more, I wasn't even consulted whenever people decided it. And obviously they didn't decide they were all bad because they decided you should be able to buy caffeine as soon as you're tall enough enough to hand a cashier some money.

Also when we have people like Carl Sagan writing papers, thanking drugs like cannabis for inspiring their entire professional career, why are we still preaching that drugs are bad?

13. Isn't it obvious? It's bad because corporations make it that way. Why take harmful, expensive drugs when you can just roll a doob and let the weed do the same job as those chemicals? Only without those "minor" side-effects.

It can also somewhat change consciousness which goes along with the whole illuminati conspiracy. You know, make everyone the same so they can profit.

It's all about money baby

14. The people in this country are so stupid to believe government lies about drugs. These are the same people that told us that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction with 100% certainty. And everyone knows they lied about that. But people believe every single thing they tell us about drugs and their policy.

People are dumb as fuck. Not sure if they deserve weed now to be honest......

15. #15 smokedahoot, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010

I had to read and re-read it once more, but i totally got what you were saying...unlike some of the people that have commented:rolleyes:. I see what you are saying and it does make sense (in a world that works on reason)! Unfortunately, this world is only interested in what is going to support an economy *just bullshit if you ask me* but yes...
    1)parents would be happy because no one would be selling and kids dont have a lot of options to grow unless it is cool with their parents. (which would cut down on underage use)

2)drug dealers would still be put out of business (same as the legalization approach with less worry to general public) but still users get to smoke and grow all they want as long as they dont sell it... good point

3)The parents would be the ones ultimately responsible for their childs use, (where the responsibility should lay in the first place, not the governments job!

I really think that you are a kind person (at heart) and you really are thinking of the best way to get america to be able to use pot with getting it passed the general publics fears, and getting all the same benifits (I think better) as the bs whats trying to be passed now... but dont let that stop you from voting for prop 19 or whatever comes after prop 19. the only reason it wouldnt work is because it does not support a way for the state/fed gov. make any money. but for family living in america, and dealing with all drugs in a realistic way it makes sense. I really admire your thinking, you are truly a spiritual person to think in these terms. well done.:hello:

16. This.^

17. What's wrong with kids smoking weed?

18. They aren't going to let a drug go from schedule 1 to rated E for everyone.

And generally i think it's a bad idea for developing bodies to be inhaling smoke.

19. ^this. why not give a kid time to be a kid?

20. I agree on both counts, but does setting arbitrary drug penalties based on age really do anything?