Criagslist Roommate

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TokenBG, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I've been renting a room out from a family of 4 I met on CL since July. It's a single mother with 3 children (19, 15 & 10). It started out fine but I noticed things are just getting under my skin now. I don't know if I should bring it to her attention or look for a new place to rent. 1. One of the 3 kids is always making some kind of loud ass noise. If the 10 year old isn't running up and down the stairs (above my room) every 10 minutes then the 15 year old is chasing 1 of the 4 dogs around the house. Most mornings I get woken up by some kind of noise before my alarm clock is even going off. Not to mention the numerous nights I've fallen asleep to the 19 year old raging on Xbox live. 2. The mom (my landlord) is constantly complaining to me about her problems and it is so draining. Unless I stay in my room she is ready and waiting to talk my ear off... She stopped going to work about 1 month after I moved in so her $$ flow isn't the same & with 3 kids to feed she is stressed and talks to me about it... EVERYDAY. I've given her the rent early every single month since I moved in because of one reason or another doing with her disability coming in late and she doesn't have money for smokes, beer, food, gas, school supplies for the kids, etc... She will ask "hey, can you pay some of the rent early? That would help out so much with food or whatever. If not it's ok..." ... Like come on. I feel like since I've done it once she just expects it now and banks on it if her money is short a week or two early. Those are my main complaints. The noise and her whining to me every day. The pros to living there is that I can smoke weed in my room which most landlords are totally against and it's close to the freeway by my job. For the past few days I've been staying in my room or whatever but it's like she text me today to tell me she really wants a beer but only has $3 & not even enough for smokes.

2. Dude, move the fuck out asap.

• Like Like x 5
  3. She's mooching off you. Find a different place to live.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Man if I were you i would get the fuck out of there. I don't know your financial situation but when I started going to college I bought a small condo with 2 rooms and once my semester is done I move back in with my parents and rent it out until my next semester. Its a good way to make some extra cash. But if you cant do that then just move in with your parents or ask a couple friends if they wanna rent out a apartment. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Cameron8679, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    word, she's totally being a bitch as well as totally violating pretty much every expectation people can have when it comes to renting a room on craigslist; I just dealt with a similar situation and as the end result of six months of suffering I decided to move in with a good friend...minus the $650 security deposit my prick landlords/roommates with-held/stole from meSent from my SCH-R920 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Lewd, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    So you're paying her to tell you her problems, give you no peace/privacy with the children making noise and she's expecting YOU to pay early each month?Is being able to smoke weed in the room worth it? Like I can see how its easy to commute to work but what are you really paying for

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pack up in the middle of the fucking night and run far and fast dude.

8. Move out ASAP. She is just making you feel bad. I don't thinking talking about it will do much with her

9. Once, I was in a household where I felt I had no escape.

I almost lost my full time job, and eventually did end up failing my last semester at college. Haven't gone back yet. Get the fuck out.

10. Wow thanks so much for all the feedback. Clearly I need to gtfo now. And damn! I really am paying to be her therapist & be annoyed daily.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Needs a beer but not enough for smokes?
    Damn she really has problems lol

12. She probably just wants you to fuck her. Shes a single mother with 3 kids? She probably hasn't had sex in so long shes just waiting to explode. Thats why she has so many problems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Single mother with 3 kids, 10, 15 and 19. I think you knew when you first moved in this would be temporary. Pull the cord, find a new place.

14. Damn I guess she's butt ugly.  If anything you can give her some sex therapy damn

15. Lay it on her it might calm her nerves

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. go..... go this weekend.

17. .... ran as fast as you can and as far away as you can...... its only going to get worse....

18. Ya that pay rent early is a big problem...i'd start looking for a new place.

19. sounds like a crazy bitch.  get out quick without her knowing it man, i feel if you try to talk to her she may not be rational seeing her situation.  

20. True she might want to eat the box