creepy/horror movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cktony, Oct 21, 2022.

1. i'm a huge fan of horror and creepy psychological movies. the movies i have to finish if i want any chance of being comfortable enough to fall asleep. movies that if i don't finish, habitually glancing into a random corner of the room flashes a horrifying image that prevents me from turning my back from the open room.

but movies like [rec], hereditary, veronica, the conjuring movies, the insidious movies, the strangers.

personally not a huge fan of older movies that can't hold up on the cgi end, that will distract me from the scare because of effects.

but if you have any movies that scare you to your wits' end, i'd love to hear about em. i'm always looking for recommendations

2. The Babadook is a good one

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You’re missing a good one that will freak you out, the golden glove.
    9B5AB84F-97AB-401B-951D-F1DC841D7CDA.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. This.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eraserhead is such a classic, I recommend if possible watching it late at night with headphones on, as the dis-concordant audio really adds to the feeling of unease.

1990 Jacob's Ladder is a similar style of psychological horror, but I still think Eraserhead is best (both the official movie and the kid n play version)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Check Out The After Dark Horror Movies Man There A Whole Bunch Of Them An They All Pretty Messed Up.

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The shining is a classic, debatable level of scary tho.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. When It Comes To Stephen King The Books Always Better IMO.

~Toni~

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Check out 'The wailing'.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. N/M

~Toni~

11. Midnight Meat Train A Good 1 Too!

~Toni~

12. I've heard a lot of people say this although often with the Shining being an exception

13. Lol Yea Jack Nicholson Is Great In It

~Toni~

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not scary, but "The Watcher" TV show is creepy. It's really good and worth watching (based on a true story but parts are exaggerated).

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Old, but still one of my faves.
    The Serpent and the Rainbow.

16. you will get no shortage of replies here, but sorry not from me ...lol

17. The Descent
    Candyman - the old one
    It

18. Due to my PTSD I really can't watch horror movies anymore.. I have so many nightmares every night how it is... I always like somewhat scary movies/shows tho. So if anyone knows of any that aren't too bad please let me know :)