CREE LED, HPS, MH - From Home Depot - With Pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 02trueblue, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Naw I prefer to spend my money more wisely

2. #22 Tbone Shuffle, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    I agree with what you say in this post and it was exactly true 6 months ago. The bulbs output is 16.5 watts. If you want a minimal 30-40 watts per square foot for bloom that's 20 bulbs to reach minimal bloom wattage level in a 3x3. What do they cost a piece? What about all the associated hardware to hook 20 bulbs together? At $7 each that's $140 worth of bulbs alone.

Times are changing. The price for the highest quality leds is getting very low. No need to buy those knock off cheaply built panels. The best deal in veg lights is the QB120 boards right now. Drivers for 10-$20 and boards for $29. About 12,000 lumens per board at 60 watts/24 volts dc. I bet one could outperform a galaxy300 for roughly $60 with hanging hardware and shipping. Only sold in 4K right now so not the best bloom spectrum unless you added some red supplementation which would also be easy to do.

I already have 2. After I saw them light up and more came in stock I ordered two more. With the way the quantum fixtures are selling there's no telling when you won't be able to get any for over a month.

3. Update! Been a while. Got the new cabinet finished up. After the currently flowering OG Kush is done flowering in the other cab, that can will be for veg and this will become the new flowering chamber.

Still have a couple small light leaks to fix

IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0212.JPG

Here's the older cabinet. Going to use all 3 chambers for veg and clones and things.

IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0214.JPG

• Like Like x 2

4. Update! Been a while. Got the new cabinet finished up. After the currently flowering OG Kush is done flowering in the other cab, that can will be for veg and this will become the new flowering chamber.

Still have a couple small light leaks to fix

View attachment 2348448 View attachment 2348449 View attachment 2348450 View attachment 2348452 View attachment 2348453

Here's the older cabinet. Going to use all 3 chambers for veg and clones and things.

View attachment 2348455 View attachment 2348456

5. Your cabinet is beautiful. Buy yourself a treat. A real badass growlight, but one that will fit in that small cabinet and make your other lights look like toys. There's only a few left. Order now. I'm not kidding these things sell out all the time and disappear for a month. Only 60 watts. Put those worklights in the garage for changing the oil. $99
    HLG 65

I'm vegging with two of these I homebuilt in a freaking 4x4. They are unbelievable, 7.5 watts per square. Who vegges at power levels that low and ends up with these bushes? Perfect for small closet grows.
    IMG_0689.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LOL they are such teasers. It said one left a few minutes ago and now it says 2.. =)

Order one Jerry!. I want you to see what these things can do. They say equal to a 100 watt t5 at the link but I say BS. They stomp a 100 watt t5. I say my buddies crop from a 320 watt t5 8 bulb ho and it wasn't crap compared to the plants I've vegged with these boards.

7. Those looks amazing! Might just have to order one of those after the next pay check! You use them as a veg light right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Some flowering pics! At week 7.5 so far. Going to pull them after another week maybe. Around 10-10% Amber trichomes using the scope

IMG_5086.JPG IMG_5087.JPG IMG_5088.JPG

9. I do veg with them but they are also sold in 3k now for bloom.

10. Looking good. I agree with everyone else, you can buy a cheap led light like a mars hydro 300 watt which is about 150 true watts for $65 all day online.

That being said I like the ambition and execution of this grow! Its a nice change of pace after reading countless grow logs of people striving for perfection. Well done mate! A++ for creativity. Cant wait to hear your final dry yield and gpw.

Keep us posted!

11. **And those buds look beautiful!

12. Thanks!!

Could have saved some dough, but I wanted to give these a try and see what happened! Here’s my newer cabinet - it will become a flowering cab with a CMH315 after this c

I had them dry out on me and get pretty wilted, but they recovered fairly well! Nonetheless, here’s an update!

Any guesses on how long it has left? It’s about 30% cloudy trichomes, with just a few spots of amber

Attached Files:

13. I think what you did is cool. Definitely a different approach, and it made some really pretty bud so your a winner in my book.

Since there are no fan leaves at all you probably can chop down now.
    If new pistils are still coming then Id wait til they stop and the newest ones turn to some form of orange.
    Usually when you defoliate at this time you keep some fan leaves below the bud so it still has a way to retrieve energy for the plant.

14. This is my first garden i have grown in my life, i have made an insulated tent with an exposed dirt floor, my area is 6' x 8' x 6'5" tall same height as myself the upper 4 foot of the tent is lined with emergency camping blankets 6'x5' piece of reflecting Mylar $2.00 a piece x 3, my ceiling is lined with insulated Mylar medical bags that were delivered with my medical infusion suplys due to my necrotising pancreatitis and not being able to tolerate eating on a regular basis...
    My current set up utilizes 8 growing lights bought from home depot clipped to the exposed metel wing's of the base 4 foot florescent fixture, nearly 2 months from seed my girls are 20" in height and other than my learning curve with watering are vibrant and filling out nicely.
    I have chosen to utilize felt based pots for better root ventilation.
    As far as what is going on light wise the bulbs are around 12 " above the plant top and my room tends to stay around 50 to 60 percent humidity @ 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
    My current set up utilizes not quite a 1 KWH per day.
    I have been told that my set up wont work but i am a man that must go through the motions my assumption is that although i am not forcing my plants to grow with expensive hot fickle lights at a minimal overall cost to benefit ratio.
    Take care guy's and gals I'll keep this thread updated as it unfolds...

P.S. I buy 2 bulbs and 2 work clamp lights at a time so my overall cost for expansion in multiples of 2 is $47.00 or so...