Cree LED bulbs from Home Depot?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DJ Mem3, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Has anybody ever attempted to use the regular cree LED bulbs for growing? Just wondering because I have a few different cree LEDs so far for flowering..

2. I was also wondering if anyone has used them.

I haven't used these, but from what I can see from the home depot website, they range in spectrum from 2700K to 5000K. The 2700K bulbs are a good spectrum for flowering, but you would need 4+ bulbs per square foot to get enough lumens. The 3000-5000K bulbs are not the right spectrum for growing cannabis at all, so you would be better off using cfl's.

4. #4 DJ Mem3, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    I got a few of them for flowering, 2700ks, work ok for the small pc box, also added some cfls for supplemental lighting. Going to test them out on a bigger grow box i set up.

These pics are of some bagseed i grew 12/12 from seed to keep it small for the pc box.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Right on... you should do a grow journal with that once you have it all set up. There's nothing like that out there with that type of lighting yet.

6. we have a new sun series light made with all cree chip, i can show you some pictures.

can't sure what's the results by Cree.

Attached Files:

7. I been wanting one of those Mars leds you sell, just gotta wait till I can come up with some extra money to purchase one.

8. #10 FinerMarijuana, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Man, man, MAN!

What I saw from Cree just BLEW my mind, and totally changed the way I'm thinking about lighting now. It's unbelievable!
    There is a gentlemen on another forum whose managed to put together and epic thread in regards using the cree A19 bulb.
    He's getting basically 1g/w with 188w of 9/9.5w Cree bulbs(16bulbs - 3 to 1 2700k).
    If anyone wants to follow that thread, just sent me a message and I'll link you to it as it's another forum.
    I'll start one here sooner than later, if someone else doesn't. 
    The thread is EPIC!

Makes me glad I didn't get a new LED light yet! And even happier that my old one has died!

never heared about this, but it's warm white and cold white, also will good for plants, lol

lol, just feel free to PM me Djsp1k3sm0k3r, i will quote you a best price.[​IMG]

11. This is my first garden i have grown in my life, i have made an insulated tent with an exposed dirt floor, my area is 6' x 8' x 6'5" tall same height as myself the upper 4 foot of the tent is lined with emergency camping blankets 6'x5' piece of reflecting Mylar $2.00 a piece x 3, my ceiling is lined with insulated Mylar medical bags that were delivered with my medical infusion suplys due to my necrotising pancreatitis and not being able to tolerate eating on a regular basis...
    My current set up utilizes 8 growing lights bought from home depot clipped to the exposed metel wing's of the base 4 foot florescent fixture, nearly 2 months from seed my girls are 20" in height and other than my learning curve with watering are vibrant and filling out nicely.
    I have chosen to utilize felt based pots for better root ventilation.
    As far as what is going on light wise the bulbs are around 12 " above the plant top and my room tends to stay around 50 to 60 percent humidity @ 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
    My current set up utilizes not quite a 1 KWH per day.
    I have been told that my set up wont work but i am a man that must go through the motions my assumption is that although i am not forcing my plants to grow with expensive hot fickle lights at a minimal overall cost to benefit ratio.
    Take care guy's and gals I'll keep this thread updated as it unfolds...

P.S. I buy 2 bulbs and 2 work clamp lights at a time so my overall cost for expansion in multiples of 2 is $47.00 or so...

12. They aren't very efficient. But would be very cost effective. I would do this over driverless cob. Light source though would be spread around and not great. Take the lenses off.

13. Hmm im using 5000k to grow my plant, seems to be growing just fine

Attached Files:

14. Yeah thats a par20 bulb so the optics on it are good. I was thinking about a traditional A19 bulb. Still effiency isn't as high as you can be but for what you're doing that looks like a good value.

15. Hold up..

I can get 75watt equilivalent 2700k LED lightbulbs for $0.68 each but didn't buy any because I didn't like the color..
    Should I go buy them for indoor growing? I can prolly get 24 of em.. ??

16. This is my current grow with the same lights, i bought these at wal mart, $10 for a 4 pack, i took the plastic cover off

Attached Files:

17. Of course i just use these for veg, this is my mothering plant for some clones, but other people have flowered with them in 2700k and have decent yields

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Efficiency is low and longevity is low. But if you're on a mad budget might be worth it.

• Like Like x 1