Creation Science Evangelism violates numerous copyright laws

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Rasta_Man, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creation Science Evangelism has recently waged a an all-out assault against youtube and in the process has broken copyright laws more than a dozen times.

The outrageous organization, which promotes the absurd idea of Young Earth Creationism has recently and undoubtedly, on the behalf of Kent Hovind gone through videos on youtube which are critical opinions and scientific debunking of Kent Hovind\'s ideas and illegally claimed copyright ownership.

Since then, there has been a violent push back by the pro-critical thinking and reasoned thinkers of youtube, threatening lawsuits.

So if you have no idea what I\'m talking about: Kent Hovind is a jackass who pretends he is a doctor (which he is not) and goes around, spreading utter lies about the theory of evolution and promoting absurd concepts such under a literal interpretation of the bible, including the idea that man walked with dinosaurs, noah\'s arc, a 6000 year old earth, etc. etc.

Interestingly enough, there are video clips and even legal statements claiming that anything coming out of the associtation called Creation Science Evangelism (Kent Hovind\'s front) does not have a copyright, and is available for distribution by any means. Therefore obviously voiding the current copyright claims on youtube.

Not to mention that a large portion of these videos are 100% original material, created entirley by the authors, only mentioning the monumentous stupidity of Kent Hovind -- yet Creation Science Evangelism has claimed copyright violations, odd huh?

Furthermore, as an interested fact, a couple years ago, Kent Hovind was put into federal prison for tax evasion, and ultimately stealing over $700,000 from tax payers. He will be in jail for the next decade (hurray!)

So anyways, I just thought I\'d let you all know this.

In this poster\'s person opinion: Kent Hovind is a total idiot, intellectually dishonest and a total opportunist. I\'m glad to see his organization will be taking a rather large legal blow in the following few weeks once US prosecutors get wind of this.

Oh and by the way, here is a fun test to do. Go to youtube and type in \"Kent Hovind\" and try and watch any of the numerous videos. If you do, you will find that most of the time, you get this:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Creation Science Evangelism

So in conclusion, I leave you with this: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Ah yes, here is one video, by a man suspended for such material, here is his side of the story:

<object width=\"425\" height=\"350\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/MwpGKAO2t5o\"></param><param name=\"wmode\" value=\"transparent\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/MwpGKAO2t5o\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\"></embed></object>

And here is another person\'s take of Kent Hovind, and for the record, I agree: ((Warning NSFW content))

<object width=\"425\" height=\"350\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/NWCvXlnQphg\"></param><param name=\"wmode\" value=\"transparent\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/NWCvXlnQphg\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\"></embed></object>

3. That second video was priceless and moving, epic even. Kent Hovind is the worst kind of person, it is funny he has to resort to trickery in order to try and save face. Reminds me of the Way of the Master people after the Nightline debate, they took down the videos they had of it on YouTube and then edited together some and released them to make their side look better. I guess horribly failing in a debate does not sit well with these people.

4. Excellent stuff.:)

MelT

5. I think this fellow and his type might end up killing religion rather than reviving it.

If this sets a proper precedent in letting people know that it is absurd to allow these religious quacks to censor information on the world\'s largest stage, it could be their ultimate downfall. From what I gather they are trying to sue or censor anything that is a non-creationist belief... sounds asinine.

But soon enough, the smart Intelligent Designers are going to take power in this country... there\'s still no need to abandon Creationist rhetoric just yet.

I think Intelligent Design vs. Atheism is going to become the new socio-political divide in America. The good thing is neither will really stand in the way of the other... once the pople ask for it. Divide and Conquer.

Glad to see you back, Rasta_Man.

6. Well I don\'t think it\'s going to \"kill\" religion, but it will definitely hurt the Creation Science Evangelism business (it\'s a business, not a church or NPO), which is good, and is like bonus points for legitimate science.

Also, I don\'t believe that science is inherently atheist in nature, one must simply realize that God and religion has no place in the scientific realm, none whatsoever.

Anyways, I think that the ID/Creationism vs. Science and Evolution thing has been ongoing for awhile, just take a look at the Dover case in kansas. It\'s already a voting issue in Ontario right now, the conservative candidate said some things about creationism that are REALLY gonna fuck up his chances of winning the coming election.

7. Yeah, not kill but force it to evovle, which will be a type of death to current religious idealogues.

Yes, this has been an intellectual debate for a long time now... people believe whatever the intellectuals tell them is true. Once we get everyone in the religious scietific community to recognize all sciences and \"justify\" the sciences in teaching that God wants us to learn them all in their most truthful forms, the Church will evolve. The next Generation will \"believe\" whatever we tell them to. Just take into account how Christianity has evolved over the centuries. It\'s about time for something new. \"A Great Christian Awakening.\" Their next slogan.

We will be left with Science in the name of God (Intelligent Design) vs. Science in the name of Science. Either way, Science wins. It will continue with the Divide and Conquer scheme. Maintain this ultimate consumer society. Increase Government spending in the Sciences and Education. And in my opinion, create an even more easily impressionable society. Which of course, must be maintained... until the average citizen is a knowledgable intellectual, anyway. The internet isn\'t going to remedy that problem. Ignorance really must be bliss.

As soon as the Elites realize there\'s much more money to be made/spent on the Sciences, the zeitgeist will evolve. We aren\'t falling for their fear-mongering tactics so easily anymore... Bush\'s 22% approval rating is proof of that. It\'s time for change.

8. And the Grammy for this year\'s best lyrical use of the word \'Fucktard\' goes to......?:D

Hey Rasta_Man, I\'m only 11,000 posts behind you now, thanks for spotting me a little catch up time! Good to have you back.

9. Hahaha, thanks man, it\'s great to be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.