Creating Feminized Pollen

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by DonnyMills, May 24, 2021.

1. Hey guys and girls,

I've recently learned about using SILVER THIOSULFATE to transform female plants into male. From my understanding, once the female plant is sprayed, the silver thiosulfate blocks the female hormones and starts producing make hormones which creates pollen sacs with feminized pollen. From there you can put that pollen onto a female flowering plant which will create feminized seeds. Has anyone had good experience with this? I'm running my first trial with it and the plant has produced male pollen sacs but as the first couple open, there is no pollen in them. Anyone know why this could be happening?

Thanks

DonnyMills

• Like Like x 2
  2. How to Make Feminized Cannabis Seeds at Home | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 2
  3. It's hit or miss with some plants. It might produce great pollen the first time and then little to nothing the next time on the very same plant (or vice versa - might produce nothing the first time and the next time might be great). Some plants/genetics just won't produce viable pollen, the pollen can be sterile, and even though you dust some ladies with it, nothing might happen. Try and try again, but just know it might not work as intended in the end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Exactly.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Great thanks for the heads up

DonnyMills

6. I spray 2 times a day a week or so before switching to flowering mode and a few selected limbs.
    I use colloidal silver spray.
    But some the barney farms lsd strain I grow is had to get to turn to a male.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have had 4 plants produce viable pollen. Swiss Cheese, Blueberry, Critical and SuperSkunk Auto. Each one of these strains have failed with the Exact same procedure. One spray daily with home made colloidal silver. The time I used older CS (about 8 months) all 4 plants failed to make pollen.

I have just sprouted 15 out of 16 seeds that came from pollen of auto fem Super Skunk and an F1 hybrid photo / auto. Hoping at least 5 or 6 auto flower!

• Like Like x 1