Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Creating connections can be frustrating.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shemluck, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hey, I'm relatively new to the forums - but I've been smoking for about a year now. In fact, next week is my weediversary. :)

I still don't have a regular dealer... and to be quite honest it's getting fairly frustrating. My dad is a fairly frequent toker, (according to my mother) but that doesn't mean that he approves, therefore I don't smoke in the house, or near the house. But my [hippy] aunt often goes away with her husband and leaves me her apartment on bondi beach, where I look after her cat and do all my weed smoking.

I've gotten weed off a few friends before, a half here and there through a middle man to a dealer. Some through my boyfriends sister...
    But no matter the effort that I make to get in contact with a dealer - nothing ever seems to fall through. They don't answer my calls or texts, or have stopped dealing since last I heard.

Once we called a pickup service that a friend had used, and went to the location to meet - when an undercover cop arrived and asked us fairly nonchalantly - "not trying to buy drugs are we kids?" So we got fairly freaked and pissed off rather quickly.

Have any of you encountered such a problem? It seems like all my attempts are plummeting to dead ends. I haven't smoked weed in about two months and I have a pretty new bong that I desperately want to try out.

Just wanted to vent and perhaps get some advice.

(I'm a Sydney-sider by the way)

2. same here i basically talk to an ex-gf's sister or someone i work with and neither are reliable, plus its super hard to find dank period

3. its fucking driving me mental. i'm so close to asking my dad where he gets his from.
    although... that could end badly.
    mum reckons I should - and I should play the "if im going to do it, id just like to know that what I'm getting is safe" card.
    but eh.

4. go for it, i asked my dad and made a few kinects in another state when I was visiting

5. you just gotta get out and meet peeps

6. Yeah go out and meet people you can go on the drug connection lol

7. Go to a college campus. Dress like a hipster/wear stereotypical stoner clothing. Ask every black person you see rapping to himself. Chances are, they're blazed.

8. Surprisingly, universities in Sydney's east are pretty useless for tracking down bud.
    However, Coogee beach is a nice place to meet different people.

9. #9 jas43, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011

:rolleyes:
    lol is that right?

10. This minus the racial comment.
    Easiest way. College kids are the most relaxed at selling to people that they don't know well.

11. Statistics don't lie. :smoke:

12. wowzerz.. just go out, and either get drunk, or act as if you were drunk an inhibitionless, you're bound meet people this way, had a good friend used to do this, and he knew more people than i even knew exsisted.. miss that fellow much. good luck to ya. : D

13. #13 waitwtf, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Well, I wouldn't approach a white person who was rapping to himself because I'd assume he was either crazy, cracked out or a massive fucking douchebag. A black guy rapping on the other hand? See that all the time, and yeah, he's probably blazed.

So yeah, kinda unfortunate that you have to draw the race distinction but that's life...

Also, OP: I know it sounds obvious but just start asking around, be open with your stonerness... You might find a lot more stoners than you ever imagined. Every single person I work with is a stoner but you'd never know it by looking at some of them.

14. You are the one discriminating between races by saying that a white person rapping to himself is crazy or cracked out and a black person is a stoner.

15. Just my observations... Black people are more likely to rap without being crazy. Tell me I'm wrong.

16. Same problem here. Been smoking for about a year now, and still have to give money to my friend so that she can buy it for me, because her dealer is weird about who he sells to, and won't sell it to me, ugh?! -_-
    Oh well, I hope once I'm a wee bit older it will be easier. Dunno why, maybe people trust older people?

17. Wait outside your local headshop, chances are everyone there smokes or will be smoking at some point. I see tons of people walking out of my headshop with new pieces and I've even heard people say "I'm gonna be using this shit right when I leave." Never ask inside though, that will just get you thrown out.

Campus.
    Craigslist? I've gotten a deal or two from there, the bud wasn't bad at all it was just a little too far for me, only when I'm reallyyy desperate.

Skateparks?
    Malls.

I found out a while ago that a good conversation starter (if you smoke cigs) is be like hey you smoke? If they say yes be like oh cool you smoke anything else? That way your not directly asking for drugs, but if they do smoke bud they usually, if not always, know what you're talking about. Has worked for me on a number of occasions!

18. Right. Yes he is. And he is denoting that it is sad that there is the race distinction, but he believes that the fact of the matter is there is a race distinction and that's just a sad fact of life.

19. Exactly, thank you :wave:

20. I wasn't trying to be negative to black people when I said that. Weed is just something that is in their culture growing up. Where I live, everybody is a Wiz fan, so they get super high and rap in the courtyard of the campus about how blazed they are.