Creatine?

Discussion in 'General' started by st3ve, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I've been lifting for about ayear now and having been seeing very good results and my friend said we could use creatine ( from whta ive heard a type of steroid with no side affects) so ive been wondeering is there any side effects i ahve to worry about \? i dont know about you guys but they're legal here also.

2. you should google Creatine.

I take it, mines in a protein shake called Muscle Milk(highly recomended). It helps you get more blood to your muscles, so you get a good pump. its not a steroid at all, its found naturally in meat.

As far as gains go, just make sure youre always bumping up your weight. my workout is a few reps of about 80% max. then I do less of 90%. after that I allways do my max once. you gotta push hard to keep gaining, and you should bump up the weight every week, or whenever you dont have to push as hard.

3. My friend and i are leaning towards the protein shake you described. He doesn't want to do the actual creatine because his dad had past bad experiences with it and he says hes affraid it'll give him a heart attack. I dont really know why it would, i assume because it makes more blood go tot he muscles. So we're gonna get the protein shakes :)

4. creatine wont give you a heartattack.

its fine.

get the shakes, and drink the shit out of them.

Muscle milk is the BEST

5. if used properly creatine should have no ill effects. I took it for a couple of month's and didnt notice any effects at all besides muscle volumization (muscle cells get filled up with more water from the creatine). The only possible side effects I know of are kidney/liver damage from taking outrageous amounts of it.

6. I'm not sure whether it's true or not but I have heard of arthritis becoming a problem for people later on that have used creatine.

7. It'll fall off.

8. I have taken creatine a few times and I highly reccomend it if you are serious about lifting. The way creatine works is it brings more water into the muscles making them look larger. Through this process you can gain a lot of muscle. Last year I gained 50 pounds in my bench in about two months. Make sure you drink at least one gallon of water a day. You will gain around 10 pounds during the actual cycle but you will lose a lot of this weight once you stop using creatine. After you lose the water weight you will look a lot more cut b/c you gained muscle size and did not gain fat. I must warn you creatine is double-edge sword; you can gain the muscle very fast but if you stop lifting you lose the muscles you gained faster than you would have doing it naturally. Oh and there have been no studies done to prove that creatine has harmful side-effects.

9. That's a pretty weak argument. Creatine is relatively new on the market, and they haven't found any short-term side-effects. Long term is another issue though.

It's known that creatine affects your kidneys, so if you are on it, you should be drinking shitloads of water to make sure that it keeps up with your body.

10. If you read my post you would have noticed I wrote the amount of water a person should drink while taking creatine, but thats how much water every person should drink everyday. I don't think that what I said was "weak" it is true that creatine is still relatively new. There have been numerous studies conducted on creatine and there has yet to be any evidece suggesting that creatine is harmful. Actually azn_blazin your statesments are very weak, where is your evidence of creatine harming your kidneys. I would love for you to show me this, I love learning new things and this would be a huge eye opener for me.

11. if u take creatine for a long amount of time, it fucks up your liver badly... follow the directions and ull be fine.. it raised my max bench press from 205 to 315 in 6 months.