Create account, post for the first time one yr later!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CasualObserver, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hello Grasscity!

I'm not really new to growing, although I know enough to know there's plenty more to learn. I've been a member here for about a year but am getting back in the swing of things, have just ordered some upgrades and decided to join the conversation.

Having dabbled in hydroponics for 20ish years, I made my first pilgrimage to the Netherlands in '99 at which time I mailed some things to my damn self. Finding these forums a year and change ago opened my eyes to how far the industry has come with the Internet...awesome! (Feminized and Auto-Flowering, too, nutty!)

Made my first Internet mail-order in March of last year with Attitude's birthday promo, cooked through all the freebies first, took a couple months off and have just started Serious Seeds White Russian (reg).

What usually happens with me is I get all gung-ho, buy some new equipment/genetics, grow/clone/harvest/repeat a couple times and then suddenly I'm tired of keeping up with it all and everything just sits dark for up to a year or more! This time, after only a couple of months "off", I've ordered the Ideal-Air mini split for my space and some new genetics from Attitude taking advantage of their April/Easter promo. The novelty of an autoflowering plant has caught my attention, so this spring/summer I'll have a few in containers in the back yard. Inside I'll have regular White Russian and eventually whatever feminized varieties I wind up with from this latest order.

I've started filling out the profile and have my setup listed there, if you are so moved. I'm sure I've left out "important" details in the eyes of some...let me know what it is and I'll add it promptly!

Anyway, let it not be said I didn't introduce myself!
    Casual :wave:

2. Well it seems I didn't actually join this forum until Nov of last year...so disregard the comment about it being a year! At least I was reading it a year ago or I wouldn't have known about the Attitude birthday promo!

3. Welcome dude. Any plans for a grow journal?

ive always been interested in hydroponics, but I seem to have gravitated more towards organic growing.

good luck with your grow man.

4. Thanks, Mr. Mayor! I'm really considering a journal, but I know me...I can be lazy about such things. Probably didn't need to quote you, but I'll chalk it up to a forum using learning experience!

5. Welcome. Hope you have a good time here.