Crazy yet innovative idea or Im too high?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Duplicity, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I was looking at my DWC Scrog plant today and I got to wondering about how I was going to dry her. I thought to myself, what if I could dry her without ever moving or cutting anything. I would do this buy completely emptying the res and then leaving the lights off. I know this would make the dry take longer but I'm still curious if my idea is even viable.

So what are your thoughts? Pros, Cons?

2. I don't see the point is doing this, all you're doing is prolonging the drying process which means longer for smoke. Honestly some people think 3 days of darkness forces more trich production but if anything it just forces the THC to degrade faster so instead of having 15% THC and 5% CBD your CBD would go up by letting it go longer and your THC would go down. I usually do 3 days of darkness cause, why the hell not?

3. You can empty your rez and poor a good amount of boiling water through the roots, killing them and beginning the fermentation process (aka the cure). Leave for a day or two and then proceed with the trim/dry/cure process.

4. *note: this speeds up the whole process by a couple of days. If followed by a proper ferment/cure you can have smooth clean burning buds within two weeks.