Crazy thought today when I was baked.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Chinity, Oct 27, 2012.

1. When your high you have crazy thoughts that never make sense in the real world. Like today I have a thought about how my parents feed off the TV and everything being said on the TV gets to my parent's head. I was watching with them today, they saw a couple kids getting arrested in high school for smoking pot, they get really upset about pot but she doesn't know that the TV is feeding it to them. Like your not suppose to smoke cig if your under 18, you are not allowed. Instead of blaming the cig, you blame the kids. In this case, all the blame goes to the weed instead of the kids. Is almost like a mother child protective kind of thing. The mother immediately notice the weed is a drug, so she blames on the weed the first moment she can. Vice versa, the mother cannot identify what is right or wrong but what the TV tells her. BTW I wrote this high, just so I don't forget these thoughts later.

2. Yup. It's a form of brainwashing. Thats why people shouldnt take TV stuff too serious, even on the news they censor certain things and choose what and how to present information. Recently there was a suicide on live TV that was shown by accident and a lot of people got mad, but THAT is reality. If they hadn't censored it that story would have been altered and feed to the public like food. Probably wouldnt have told the real truth you know?

I believe this is one of the reasons the "man" doesn't want weed to be legalized because you see things how they really are. You can see through the bullsh*t. They dont want people to second guess the news and stuff ya know? Hope this makes sense

3. I call them sheeple.

4. You're right man, people no longer has thoughts of their own, they just regurgitate what they see on the TV, they think what they are told to. But I don't think that weed let's you see trhough bullshit, I think that that's an attitude curious people develope with time. I have always been very curious and aways asked a thousand questions from different angles even about really simple stuff, but just because I wanted to have a wide perspective. Simplist people (not curious) just "plays low" because they don't want trouble, "curiosity killed the cat" is their banner, but they don't realize that they are killing freedom by letting the bigshots control their lives and the way they see the world. A perfect example is ZZ Top (don't get me wrong, I love those guys), when they first came to Argentina, they came equipped with bullet&fire-proof clothing because up there in Texas they were educated thinking that Argentina was serious shit like Iraq... ANd they bought it! Of course they bought it, they didn't really knew anything about Argentina besides of what they had been told.

5. as crazy as it sounds, your logic is entirely true. the media is a form of brainwashing. people who sit at their television sets all day are just sheep

6. i completely agree with all the above posts, its a shame so many people are brainwashed.. but yes this is why they don't want it legal cuz then everyone will become readily aware that they're all lying through their teeth.

stay breezy blades

7. and thats why i never watch tv anymore....

8. [quote name='"leoyen"']I call them sheeple.[/quote]

I call you hilarious. :)

9. Are people "brainwashed" by the media? Sure. Is this a new problem, or even a problem that's getting worse and not better? Not really.

With modern communication technology, we have access to a lot more viewpoints than ever before and this is constantly increasing. Think about living in a village where the only people you have to tell you anything about the world also live in your village. Now that is brain-washing. The historical record shows a pretty clear-cut progression from isolation to ever-greater connectivity and along with this, in the past few centuries at least, an ever-greater level of diversity in the media. Of course, I'm sure most of us can think of ways in which our current media environment can be improved, but let's not act like this is a new thing or blame technology - which is most definitely actually working in our favor in that area.