Crazy Sleep Theory

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dildodaggins, Feb 21, 2011.

1. I've been looking into Joe Rogan's stuff, and learned a bunch of cool shit about sleeping and DMT tripping. I learned that while you are asleep, your brain produces DMT which essentially makes you trip out, thus having dreams. When you are awake, if you smoke DMT you will also experience a similar trip, which is why it is a popular drug. Now back to my main point, in the past few weeks i have been really enjoying sleeping. I sometimes take naps so i can dream. Because you produce DMT in your sleep, you are basically passively tripping. I would really like to try the actualy drug and compare it to my dreams. Crazy shit

2. I have came across the dream substance a few times but I really have no desire to experiment with it. I enjoy the sacred sanctity of sleep and dreams and would never do anything in my waking existence to mess with it.

3. What if you took DMT before sleeping? ehhh?

4. Haha I still think I would pass mate. I took a long t-break and the first month and a half or two I was having the most unreal dreams ever. I would wake up some days and have difficulties telling that I was no longer asleep. Nothing that a few miles in the cold could not do in reminding me that I was alive... I would have dreams that would go as long as 10 minutes, have multiple facets to them plots etc... I have had some friends that have tried the subs. and said they love it. I just would not enjoy the come up and the after effects of the comedown.

5. True. I don't know i guess i'm just big into sleep, and this theory mind fucked me as it is most likely true.

6. Has there been any actual research on this? My dreams really don't seem like a DMT trip. I don't know about you guys, but my dreams seem like normal life besides they are a little strange. But I never see any patterns made of love or talk to aliens from a different dimensions. :D

7. I dunno, i've never experienced DMT. But it is proven that your brain produces extreme amounts of DMT while you sleep, so i don't know if the DMT is what causes dreams or not, but it is a valid theory.

8. Do you have a link that explains the study, it would be great if you did. I'd like to look into this more. I don't really think it would be the cause of dreams because I've never heard of anyone who took DMT and didn't have a crazy ass vision that took them into a different reality.

9. #9 Cannibasity, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    the sinchronicity... i was just talking to my older brother about this stuff.. . dmt produces when your in a deep sleep for a reason..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDgmpiE-U0]YouTube - Mathematician Compares DMT Experience with LSD Experience[/ame]

here is one i really like
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scrwfvoleXw]YouTube - Jim Carrey Spiritual Awakening - DMT Experience He is In The Know[/ame]

10. Yea and when you die youre body releases a shit ton of it, which i think sends you into the "afterlife"

11. It's certainly factual. But I think that the enzymes responsible for the biotransformation of tryptamine to DMT, actually change the chemical structure of DMT over the course of the night. Because from what I've heard, DMT trips are wildly hallucinogenic, with extreme mental clarity. And when you dream, the dream (trip) isn't anything like that.

When you're sleeping, you're not aware that you're dreaming (unless you're lucid..). You don't always know what's going on, where you are, who you're with, or anything like that. And when you wake up, as soon as your mind focuses on something else, the dream slips from your memory in an instant.

Or,

DMT affects different parts of the brain when you're awake than it does when you're asleep. That's just a guess, but the brain functions much differently while asleep, so I imagine that it has a different effect.

12. OK. DMT? First time hearing about this. I need to know more.

13. this DMT and dreaming stuff used to drive my brother crazy

there is no evidence at all that DMT is released during sleep. or death. or near death experiences. from what i understand we all have the building blocks of DMT with in us, but that does not necessarily mean that DMT in psychoactive form is ever present in the body unless it is placed in the body from an out side source

its just a theory. as much as i loved both the movie and book form of DMT: The Spirit Molecule i think dr. strassman is rather sad at what lengths some people go to to try to paint his theory as fact

14. I just had the craziest thing happen to me in a dream

I was dreaming I was in my bed...(which I was) and suddenly I pushed with my feet on the bed to move up, but i didn't move

my body remained perfectly still and I had this sensation of collapsing into myself infinitely as if moving infinitely towards the head of my bed, yet my body didn't move

I remember in the light sleep/dream I thought...am I on mushrooms? but really i've only felt this kind of dimension collapse on salvia

but what i'm talking about I wonder if I'm even making sense when i explain it...

I kinda picture like star trek or what ever when they go to light speed, that sort of thing
    ------------------------------------------------------

on another note, you guys ever have dreams where you get stoned or trip?
    I've had a few but I can never remember the trips i have in my dreams...so abstract, I don't think i could understand if i remembered

15. ive recently come to question my reality and thus my existence... the things that i have seen with my eyes can completely top modern day beliefs... its a strange world out here man and the powers that we have can manipulate this world into our liking.. were just geometrical shapes and values one big equation.. the things our eyes see is just the crumbs to the actual pie... the way we see something our brain interpret as something else and this goes for situations and scenarios.. what im trying to say man is that we will never ever come close to understanding whats really going on here, just know that everything leads to something else, every interaction every word you utter to someone is absorbed and placed into the equation of life.. we are all just variables to a really big equation.

16. Yeah DMT is some crazy shit.
    The idea of tripping on DMT every time you're in REM sleep is pretty mind blowing.
    I've read that there is DMT in most living organisms.. so does this means all living things
    are connected? :smoking:

Never tried DMT and i dont think im gonna try it soon.
    I think its too mindblowing and intense for me :smoke:

For those who are interested in DMT i reccomend the book
    DMT The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman
    GREAT read

[​IMG]

17. smoke some really really potent dank sativa and meditate for about 15 minutes numb your body.. open your eyes and slowly close them....... BYE BYE :cool:

you'll come remotely close to what you can expect a dmt trip to be..

18. DMT seems to have this archetype about it, it's like the circus or something.

But I've had dreams of human beings being juggled through the sky on a geyser gushing out of the ground, or an object will be made of complex patters consisting of light and energy, even fireworks will have geometrical patterns which are indescribable in some of my dreams.

I've had dreams of being in an continuum, but I honestly think you have to pay attention to the details of your dreams to pick up the DMT archetype.

19. Here's my theory.
    I've that read that apparently our ancestors may have had much higher levels of endogenous DMT in their brains because plants that contain high levels of DMT were much more widely available. Plus many of these plants also contained MAO5 inhibitors which basically blocks the MAO5 enzyme from your liver that breaks down DMT, thus prolonging your experience. This also makes sense because during those periods government regulation on such plants wouldn't have existed making it much easier to consume high quantities of DMT. Some researchers speculate that these DMT trips may have been the source of many metaphysical experiences described by people in religious texts. I also strongly subscribe to the concept that psychedelics may have played a large role in our evolution from early primates.