CRAZY shit just happened report....

Discussion in 'General' started by Diplo, Jan 30, 2013.

1. *Disclaimer*- I understand this entire thing was my fault, I'm just sharing a weird thing that happened to me while high to you

Me and my roommate were just playing some fifa and I had a great (terrible) hidea. I took a candle with no wick but a little bit of wax left and threw some lighter fluid in it, and lit it on our coffee table. A flame a couple feet high and as wide as the candle instantly burst out and slowly died until only a large four inch flame remained. I was, and still am, pretty high so naturally I forgot that a huge flame was just burning in front of me as I continued to play the game.

Somehow the flame kept burning, and burning (even after the last of the lighter fluid) throughout the whole game. I had done it once before and it completely died within minutes, but this time the wax was sustaining the flame and it continued to burn. The glass of the candle slowly got hotter and hotter. After the next game we decided we were going to pass out. I went to blow out the flame (had burned for 15 min straight) and it started to crackle, I blew it out completely and I shit you not it reignited. Fast. Next the candle exploded (possible rapid cooling?) and sent molten shards flying, I poured my drink on the fire rapidly spreading over the hot wax on the table, and managed to get only some of it out. I threw another drink on the edge of the fire and put most of the flame out. The base of the candle (just about an inch high) was still filled with hot wax and burning fast. Interestingly I instantly proceeded to pick up the burning ball of glass and wax and ran for the door, it burnt my first hand and I caught it with the second (still on fire) and managed to open the doorknob and ditch most of it outside.

And here I am now about 30 minutes later after wrapping up my hand and cleaning it up. Wierd huh?

2. And smartest stoner of the year award goes to....:rolleyes:

Glad you're all right bud and didn't burn your place down hahaha. Damn pyro! :hello:

3. You fought a candle, and the candle won.

4. WARNING: Do not put candles in OP's cake.
    [​IMG]

5. Sounds like thermite. To be real though it was probably the fluid. When its in something that surrounds it on all sides (bowl, cup, or old candle) it can be a bitch, to put out.

6. About that pyro part...this is true and I don't know what I was doing considering my past with fire, and things going wrong with fire.

Luckily the table's looking alright and I only caught a little bit of my carpet on fire

7. #7 Diplo, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    Yeah, it resisted water directly on top of it and still kept strong. The sad thing is that I'm a 3rd yr biochem student and should have seen something like this happen form miles away....

8. You pothead! Hahaha. Back when I smoked I thought it was a good idea to hotbox my closet. My house is old and I got locked in the closet and my mom came home...

9. Haha I bet that conversation was fun. My parents are nowhere near where I go to school now.

10. Lucky you haha and there was no conversation...just ass beating (pause) lmfaoo

11. I am the same way :laughing: LOVE fire, I wish I could dick around with it all day.

12. people like you are the reason weed is illegal

jk

13. I bet it was the work of satan

Omega369 :wave:

14. Yeah wax turns anything into a candle wick actually a fun experiment is to dip tin foil in molten wax and set it on fire