Crazy Mushrooms

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by junkheadrev, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Wiki: A fatal dose has been calculated as 15 caps. Deaths from this fungus A. muscaria have been reported in historical journal articles and newspaper reports, but with modern medical treatment, fatal poisoning from ingesting this mushroom is extremely rare. Many older books listAmanita muscaria as "deadly", but this is an error that implies the mushroom is more toxic than it is. The North American Mycological Association has stated there were no reliably documented fatalities from eating this mushroom during the 20th century. The vast majority (90% or more) of mushroom poisoning deaths are from eating the greenish to yellowish "death cap", (A. phalloides) or perhaps even one of the several white Amanitaspecies which are known as destroying angels.

I think that even you survive, your kidneys doesnt..

2. You are correct! But you keep missing what I'm trying to say. Amanitas are poisonous in their fresh form!

I'm trying to say that they can be made edible by completely desiccating them, as a chemical reaction changes the structure of your liver killing poison into a psychoactive chemical!

3. found one of the biggest patches of chanterelles i've ever seen, in real life or in pictures, probably 10'x15'. the patch looked like the sun shining onto the forest floor. just yellowy-orange. mind, it's been a few days since the last rain so i picked out the best looking ones and this is what i brought home:

[​IMG]