Crazy fight where I work

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sparkin, Oct 23, 2010.

1. I work at a grocery store and today I was doing the usual shit.. Checking prices, stocking shelves, etc.

Anyways I'm working a cart in aisle 3 and it was pretty full at the time so a lot of customers were walking back and forth in the aisle, cruising their way around the mine-field of carts and people.

Behind me I hear a couple carts clash, so I turn around and see a little fender bender between this guy with his wife and what looked like a teenager. The guy with his wife says sorry, but the teenager goes "what the fuck man? you saw me coming and still went forward, you disrespectful or what?" At this time I stood up and tried to say it was an accident and the guy with his wife didn't mean to hit him. "No, I didn't see you coming. Maybe you should have slowed down" the husband says to him.

So the teenager gives him this dirty ass look and says "what the fuck did you say bitch!? dont tell me what to do.. aight!?" The wife at this point is trying to get in between the husband and teenager to seperate them as the husband looks like he was getting pissed. "Stop swearing this is a grocery store, there are kids present" the husband said so the teenager who just got finished telling the husband not to tell him what to do, pushes the wife into me (she would have fell if I didnt catch her) and goes up in the husbands face like he was going to do something. The husband put one hand out to more-or-less get the teenager out of his way and continue shopping, but just as he did that the teenager began to throw punches.

By now theres me, 4-5 other customers and the wife watching this go down.. The husband is having none of it and begins to defend himself by holding the teenagers wrists, but it wasn't doing much. They were in a grappling match, crashing into shelves, knocking shit all over the floor so I decided it was time for me to do something.

I grabbed the teenager from behind and tied his left arm behind his back so the husband could get control. We held the teenager till my supervisor came over and helped us split up the fight.

The aisle was mayhem. There was broken glass all over the floor, boxes every which way and shit was crushed.

Guess who had to clean it up?

:(

2. I was hoping right at the part the kid threw a punch that the old guy would just lay his ass out in defense.... but thats fucking lame man... atleast you tried to help that guy who did nothing hahahah fuckin punk sounds like a dick

3. He really was though.. Very defensive and what-not.

Such a hot-head... Didn't take much to set him off at all, maybe he was skitzo?

4. he defs wasnt high, thats clear

5. lol, that kid sounds like a winner

6. Thats crazy, and they got to just walk outta there without paying for damages or what?

7. I bet it was the same kid from the Wendy's story who yelled FUCK YOU to the old guy

8. No, I guess I should have elaborated on that a little more.

The teenager and husband/wife were taken to the back as there was a police officer in the store (the grocery store is right beside a cop station and court house) and the officer interviewed both for a good 20 minutes and quickly asked me what I saw, etc... both agreed for no charges to be laid but the teenager had to pay for damages as he was the one who instigated the fight. Came out to about 55$ I think. All three were let go after the teenager paid. The husband offered to cover half, he was nice as hell, but the officer told him to go home and it was alright as he was just defending himself.

9. That dude deff knows how to keep his cool lol

I would've just laughed in the kids face after apologizing and continued with my day :p

10. i see fights at my work all the time...but i work at an NFL stadium (pats) and a large outdoor summer concert venue (20,000 person capacity)

sucks you had to clean it up

11. Some people really suck. They try to make a scene out of everything so everyone knows how tough they are. Good thing you caught the wife and stepped in though.

12. Maybe not on weed, coke'll do that to ya tho

13. Id be so pissed at that kid if i had to clean all that shit up :(

14. wow that kid sounds like a jerk. I can't believe he pushed the old lady too D:
    i get really sad when i think about the fact that there are people like this in the world :(

15. hell yeah man thats a total coke thing or pcp, he gets all coked out and get this big ego and shit. Its a nasty drug man, ppl on it are so into themselves and have a business plan.

16. Seems like every friday shit at work goes bad somehow... Maybe I should ask for a different day of the week instead.

Last friday some lady didn't watch where she was going and knocked over the WHOLE display of bounty toilet paper 24 packs. There was about 80 on the stack.

Guess who had to pick them up and stack them again. :(:(:(

17. Who? WHO!?!?!

18. #18 Big**Perm**, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
    Im pretty sure there is a thread going right now that the kid that was in the fight started, titled "so i got into a fight today..." I hope its the same:eek: maybe not

19. You are the reason for facepalms

20. Usually:hide::smoke: