Crazy encounter with police in Grand Rapids.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nash92, Jun 3, 2012.

1. #1 Nash92, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    My group and I, based out of Ann Arbor MI, had a show in Grand Rapids last night. We drive about 2 hours to get out there, performed, and closed out the party- also great vibes from the crowd.

We're just outside of downtown, when my buddy who's driving's GPS cames loose from the dashboard. He picked it up to re-position it, and it caused the car to swerve slightly. This coincidentally happened in front of a cop, so we were pulled over.

My buddy driving is currently on alcohol related probation, so he was on edge as to what could potentially happen.

The cop comes up to the car and asks if any of us had been drinking tonight, and that he 'doesn't want us to lie to him', and that we can be honest. He struck me as the 'just doing my job' cop- but still, fuck this predicament!

We explain we're a group from out of town that came to do a performance, and we're just trying to get home. We also explained the significance of the GPS causing us to swerve- and the last any of us consumed alcohol was upwards toward 2-3 hours ago.

He has the driver take a sobriety test, which was passed with very little difficulty. In this midst of all this, we suddenly see 6 or 7 police cars ZIP by us on the opposite side of road going toward the downtown area.

Our driver returns to the car and tells us things might be looking good. Suddenly the cop hurries back to our car as says "Here's your I.D", runs back to his car, and PEELS off in the direction of the other cops.:D

Spectators across the street that saw everything go down then yelled to us "Get outta here!" and some drunk girl asked if we wanted a beer. hahaha.:wave:

The whole ride home we talked about how we narrowly dodged a bullet. Whomever was killed or harmed enough to create that much of a diversion, this next bowl goes to you.:smoke: What an exciting way to end a great night!:D

Also, here's one of our tracks if anyone is interested. I'm on the very last verse:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gc5hhuYdG0[/ame]

More music/an entire mixtape in the Youtube description!:D

2. That sounds like a good ass time tho bro! I actually live in the Lansing area ;-D

3. One of my uncles used to live out there. And I have friends going to school there. I've never gotten to really explore Lansing though- just went to a few Lugnuts games when I was younger.

4. Damn dude i goto GR alll the fucken time. nice story though.

5. Thanks! I did wander around downtown a bit. The vibe of the place seems pretty nice.

6. I love Ann Arbor, so many hot chicks.

7. I lived in GR for 14 Years, I went to Northview. But im in the 313 now :)

Glad to see someone post about my home town!

8. They probably just got in a report that they found weed in someone's car..
    Coulda been you.

9. [quote name='"Jankasauras"']I lived in GR for 14 Years, I went to Northview. But im in the 313 now :)

Glad to see someone post about my home town![/quote]

313, eastside?

10. It was a guy stealing from some businesses close to my house, cops all over the fucking place. I bet he left to help with that incident. And I saw this huge black guy get tackled for it! Dogs and shit too!

11. Wow! It's crazy to think we were so close to the action!:D It saved my buddy for sure!

12. #12 Nash92, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Haha, yes indeed!:D Living in a college town definitely has its benefits. People always say "Ann Arbor, surrounded by reality", which is true for the most part.

I did however notice the more conservative attitude of Grand Rapids. The homeless people we encountered were very aggressive- as though they were often disregarded. I also noticed that I was the only one with weed at the loft party.

The host was cool with it, so I spread the love; many seemed eager to smoke. :smoke: I'm assuming weed is a much more key thing/harder to come across in GR?

13. [quote name='"Nash92"']

Wow! It's crazy to think we were so close to the action!:D It saved my buddy for sure![/quote]

Haha yeah it's pretty cool! We both benifited.

14. That may have been it. The time they're saying is 3:07AM though. We were pulled over around 12:45-1:00AM