Crazy drunk friend. Hard work.

Discussion in 'General' started by hannahanarchy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. This.

People don't chose to be chemically dependant on alchohol.

2. I'm not even going to bring up The Ballmer Peak theory... Oh wait I just did. This theory was written for computer programming, but applies to most aspects of life.
    People have addictive personalities, I have seen people physically dependent upon alcohol, to the point of bankruptcy. But that's on them. If you can't control it check yourself into rehab.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

3. Hm.. I'm studying molecular biology and I like beer.. Haha. Can you hook me up with your job?

4. Omg it's not a fucking disease.

They woke up every single day and chose to drink.

A disease is something you're born with.

Like down syndrome or some shit.

They progressively built up, every single day, drinking alcohol until the receptors in their brains became addicted physically.

5. I used to have a dude like that would stop over and chill with us and get drunk and loud. Would always ask him to keep it down, then I would tell him to shut the fuck up.. then I would yell for him to shut the fuck up, then I would drag him out by the neck and throw his ass on the cement and slam the door.. Then he would come back the next day and apologize, smoke us up, w/e.. then it would happen all over again..

so yeah.. no controlling these drunks, not sure they are capable of getting the point.

6. Are you fucking kidding me?

That's like saying people don't CHOOSE to become fat.

Or don't choose to get out of bed.

Or don't choose what kind of music to listen too.

Wtf?

7. I'm pissing you off? Good, great. I couldn't care less. It means I affect you in a way.

Any yes I have problems, everybody does.

The worst part is that they are adults, they're adults for fucks sake. They should know how to deal with their own problems instead of being little fucking bitches and drinking.

Adult not child. Adults have responsibilities and when you choose to habitually drink you're neglecting your responsibility as an adult and you make yourself out to be a terrible example and you're just an all around piece of garbage.

8. my... your ability to poorly compare Alcoholism with some stupid ass incomparable shit is rather impressive. I think I'm going to listen to what you have to say rather than what medical professionals have to say.

9. And congrats, that's an amazing job I'm sure you're a very rich man.

I hope 8 years in college was worth the equivalent of being paid to be in high school everyday.

10. What is your point?

Don't you agree that in order to become an alcoholic there are certain fucking needed steps like DRINKING EVERYDAY.

Or are you a complete moron who gets spoonfed everything to your mouth?

11. dis·ease
    /diˈzēz/
    Noun
    A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, esp. one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a...
    A particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.
    Synonyms
    illness - malady - sickness - ailment - complaint

12. there are many forms of alcoholism, some of which don't involve drinking everyday. thats why some people have to quit entirely because one drop will start a binge. its a health problem that doesnt make someone a piece of shit, just like smoking pot could be thought of.

13. [quote name='"spanishgirlsmmm"']All drunks need to get shot and burned.[/quote]

You sound like such an intelligent human being! :rolleyes: For fucks sake, pull your head out of your ass and grow up. It's fine to voice an opinion but be an adult about it.. Shot and burned? If I could I'd fold you up, pull your teeth out and leave you stuffed in a suitcase somewhere :rolleyes: people have issues, and it isn't as simple as "just don't drink anymore". Do all crack heads deserve to be killed? Or all those addicted to blow? Addiction can be a very difficult concept for people to grasp if they haven't dealt with it. Again, grow the fuck up.

14. what are you even trying to get at? spoon-fed what?

15. This isn't a blade. I wonder why he's here. Kinda thinking he should just be posting retarded shit on yahoo answers

:laughing:

16. Let's point out a clear difference in TYPES of diseases.

People like to throw around the word "disease" because it takes the guilt and responsibility factor out of the clear fact that THEY caused their own alcoholism.

There is a huge fucking difference between being BORN with something and doing something completely out of your own free will.

17. "Oh I listen to the medical community."

Who gives a flying fuck?

That's what I'm getting at.

18. Do you have anything to contribute or are you just gonna sit behind a computer screen and talk shit?

19. ohh ok so you would just rather make up shit as you go along and behave like a petulant child on internet forums?

20. I in no way advocate your first post but alcoholism is not a disease. Heroin addiction is not a disease, nicotene addiction is not a disease, gambling addiction is not a disease if anything it's a disorder that has been acquired. The addiction isn't the problem it's the problem that they are trying to fix with drugs etc that needs to be resolved and when it is they won't need any of that.