Crazy Confused Trichomes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Slow Old Guy, Nov 17, 2018.

1. I did and even listed post #30879

• Like Like x 1
  2. i just posted a contest thread in indoor growing,
    if u can/will if u see it disappearing post a pic or 2 and keep it in view on the main page.!

or u can just post warnings like......
    join the contest, but stay away from the old guy, he smells like soil and cigarettes.!

• Like Like x 1
  3. u would think, but i have the Water Nazis providing my 'water', they knowingly fudge tests to 'pass'
    high pH, not really
    high anything else, depends on what month it is, the smell and flavor changes,
    i dumped out all premixed ferts and now testing the GH MaxiGrow and Koolbloom in my well water,
    so far it looks pretty good.!

not now for obvious reasons, want to know whats what, but .......
    if the shitty city water is the problem and i do have to continue using the well,
    could I safely add 1/4 to 1/2 city water back to it to stabilize the pH with its added calcium.?

4. Your link just takes me to page one so don't know what else to tell ya.

5. Invest in an RO unit or buy RO water like I do then never worry about stuff in your water messing up your plants. I haven't checked pH since I started using the pH Perfect nutes about 6 or 7 years ago. So much easier. Only check ppm when doing DWC.

I could not possibly tell you whether mixing some city water with your well water will help or not without knowing the mineral content of both and even then it would just be an educated guess. It's been almost 30 years since I got my chemistry diploma so have forgotten most of it by now.

Town water here changes with the seasons as well. Still crappy no matter what time of year it is tho and they still bug me to get it installed at my place. 15 grand for installation and then $60/mth minimum for crap I won't even drink. I don't think so. :) My dugout water is good enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. my contest thread was removed because i didn't have permission to post it, I have asked the mods to put it back up...../???? Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Family

• Like Like x 2
  7. as published by montana.edu
    Crops grown in soils
    high in CaCO
    are prone to P deficiency
    due to the precipitation of insoluble Ca-P
    minerals.
    although i thought CaCO3 would be Calcium TriCarbonate....???? (they published "Calcium Carbonate")

my shitty city water may contain this compound.....????

and....

high amounts of
    non-essential elements such as arsenic
    (As), cadmium (Cd) and lead (Pb) can be
    directly toxic to plants and livestock or
    cause a nutrient imbalance in the plant,
    in which essential nutrient deficiencies or
    toxicities may possibly occur.
    this may turn out to be disturbing,

if it is my city water causing funky lockouts it could be from high levels of bad shit.....????
    I've been using this water for 9+ years,
    now i do not know if i want the shitty city water to be the cause of this problem.!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hope its oksy with the OP just posting pics of trichs from my w.w and blueberry autos for those who like looking at trichs

IMG_0537.JPG [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0554.JPG [​IMG][​IMG]

These rock like clusters are from a silver platinum haze my mann sells
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] IMG_0547.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. is CO3. it is the conjugate salt of carbonic acid which is CH2O2. its not a typo other than Ca[CO3]2. There's actually 6 oxygen atoms involved.
    The carbonate is not shit, its chalk. Comes in different sizes though, and its not always absorbed by the plant. It can also lock out magnesium.
    Its not the problem.

Yea... city water is toxic, but its also got a lot of micronutrients that make it good. Multistage RO system rip everything out of the water, but then add salts back, but not the toxic crap (like the radioactive particles!).

Maybe this has something to do with sulfur; the trichomes are there, the plant looks right, but if there was a hiccup in the sulfur, some of the necessary enzyme could be faulty. Idk, just a shot in the dark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. in half of your pics the trich's look distorted and crushed,
    do u squeeze your buds with your fingers.?
    were them pics taken after harvest.?

11. i agree, from what i was reading Calcium Carbonate is found in funky situations like mining or sod fields.
    that sounds like an excellent theory, makes since in this situation,
    I a adding epsom salt for several waterings to see what happens,

my well water is not looking as good on the plants as it did under the pH and EC meters,
    i think the pH is bottoming out after watering.......?????
    the mommas did not like it at all, tops bent over and looked sad, they look better now,
    i will know next watering after testing run off, pH will be down in the 5's i bet.!

I noticed last night that there is 0% Zinc and 0% Boron in GH Maxi line,
    i do not think this is a problem because the peat mix i used for 3 months should've had plenty of both in it,
    for safe measure.....
    should i hit em with Alaska Micro a time or 2 to get some amount of Zn and B in the mix.?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yes these pics are after harvest and after trim.. been in jars for a week or 2

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. I actually use a couple caps of my zinc/copper in my nutes to make sure the plants have enough even tho my AN nutes have both. I also add some boric acid to the mix once in a while and pulverize a couple of iron tabs too.

Not sure peat has much zinc or boron in it. All peat in my ProMix HP.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. been watering with city water diluted with well water and adding GH Maxi and Epsom Salt,
    no change in growth so far, still just as purple as before.

in research, i read that tomatoes with Zinc def. may show signs of purple stalks/petioles,
    the same university found that tomatoes showed signs of sulfur def. when not enough Boron is present.......

according to my notes and Trojan's suggestion "some enzymes not there and messing with the Sulfur"
    Zn/Br manipulate sugars and carbs,
    Sulfur is related to energy production as well as enzyme/protein and chlorophyll formation (green stalks)
    my "shot in the dark" goes like this.... if the S lacks the sugars/carbs from the Zn/Br then maybe there is a certain enzyme not being produced that would allow the oils to mature.....??????

i have an Alaska trio > micro, grow, bloom, but they lack Calcium and Potasium, a little shy on N-P also,
    i do not have a way to add just Ca and K,
    should i try combining Alaska and GH to get the micros and macros near descent.?

please help, I am desperate, 4 Nirvana seedlings growing now, ANY thought is much appreciated.!!
    WIN_20181130_10_51_17_Pro.jpg WIN_20181130_10_52_06_Pro.jpg WIN_20181130_10_52_20_Pro.jpg

15. Need a transplant into bigger pots.

16. the one and only time i pollinated indoors did not go well either,
    i let a male plant go into full maturity with 4 females in the same box,
    u could shake/twist on the dry buds and it would rain seeds.
    lesson learned.!! LOL.!!
    it was a heavy harvest, but the seed made up 60-70% of the dry weight.!! lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. congrats on the win man.!!!!!
    i tried everything i could to direct members to that contest, but most got wayward.
    awesome that Sara is gonna give u the Mars LED even with lack of participants.!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’m getting two unreleased lights from Mars to test out instead of the 900. I’ll put one on each side of the Pro II 160 and grow some autos

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sounds like all the pot we'd buy in the 70's. Get a brick of pot and end up with half a mason jar of seeds and a pile of stems. Found a dehydrated rat in one once.

♫♪ Stems and seeds, stems and seeds. ♪
    ♪♫ Ain't got the buzz this old head needs! ♫♪♫

From a song I heard on the old Dr. Demento Show. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. currently adding Alaska Micro to the GH Maxi to get Zinc and Boron in the mix,
    after a watering or 2 with the micro, things seem to look better, but this is probably wishful thinking,
    i found a red blinking light and thought that was the culprit,
    it was not, but i still swear they seem to look better throughout flower now that the light is gone,
    this is my last effort at trying to solve this problem,
    soon i m gonna have to pull the plug on this grow until i can find out what to do different,
    this is costing me more time and money then the shitty smoke i m getting is worth.

this is the second most aggravating thing i have ever dealt with,
    the IRS is the only thing more frustrating then non-maturing plants.!!