Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crazy ass dreams

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Blazin In Ohio, Jan 30, 2013.

1. So I've noticed that whenever I'm on a T-break I have these crazy dreams almost every night and I can remember them a lot better than other dreams when I'm not on a T-break. Have any of you noticed this as well? Do any of you know why this occurs?

2. I have no idea why this occurs, but I've been having crazy vivid dreams through this entire T-Break so far.

3. Haha same here man I'd love to see some scientific evidence on why this occurs.

4. I googled this shit. Lol

Somebody said that after smoking weed, you fall into a deeper sleep. So when you arn't smoking and the sleep isn't as deep, you remember your dreams more, making them appear to be vivid.

There was no scientific evidence with it. But I don't know enough to dispute it. Lol

5. Hmm I could see that being possible although it does seem like I've been getting some pretty deep sleep on my T-break so I'm not totally sure if that's what makes these dreams seem so vivid or not.

6. Back to google I go.

7. "Many studies have shown that habitual marijuana usage disrupts rem (rapid eye movment) sleep. Rem sleep is the deepest state of sleeping, where dreams, growth and repair occur. So when marijuana has stopped being consumed, REM sleep restarts producing deeper sleeps, and much more vivid dreams. This generally passes in a few weeks."

So it was the exact opposite of what I originally said. Lol

8. Thanks for the info, I believe dmt is released in the brain during REM sleep so that also probably has an effect on these dreams we are having.

9. Ahhh, that makes sense! :hello:

Thanks for helping me unravel this mystery. I've been thinking about it for weeks.

What day of your break are you on?

10. Haha I guess this is a case of 2 brains are better than 1. I'm on day 10 of my T-break, how bout you?

11. Day 31. It's been.. Long as fuck. But I gotta get a job before I can start toking again.

How long you think you're gonna go for?

12. I feel ya man I'm on a T-break for the exact same reason so ill be THC free until I find a job.

13. Crazy, ass dreams? Hmm

14. Ya there's these huge ass monsters with big sharp ass monster fangs chasing me through a forest of ass trees haha jk man

15. I havent toked since new years eve and id say for the past 2 or 3 weeks i have had a dream every single night and ive clearly remembered them all the next morning. Sometimes when im dreaming and then wake up, ill turn over and close my eyes and ill go right back into that same dream again and continue it. I can do several times in the same dream. Ive never experienced that before. Its crazy i love it lol.

16. [quote name='"ouellette07"']I havent toked since new years eve and id say for the past 2 or 3 weeks i have had a dream every single night and ive clearly remembered them all the next morning. Sometimes when im dreaming and then wake up, ill turn over and close my eyes and ill go right back into that same dream again and continue it. I can do several times in the same dream. Ive never experienced that before. Its crazy i love it lol.[/quote]

I do the same thing! I'll wake up and be like "Nope, I want more of that dream," go back to sleep amd instantly start again where I had left off. It's pretty rad.

17. I've also experienced this "dream control phenomenon" it's like you can decide whether of not you want to dive deeper into this dream world.

18. Hmm. So does this mean Marijuana is not a good sleeping aid? I want my REM sleep to repair my body and shit. :(

19. [quote name='"Meganthratalica"']

Hmm. So does this mean Marijuana is not a good sleeping aid? I want my REM sleep to repair my body and shit. :([/quote]

I try not to use marijuana for sleep, because I don't want to get dependent on it. If I don't have it, I still want to be able to keep my sleep cycle the same, ya know?

But I'm sure that you still get some repair. Just not to the same caliber that you would with constant REM sleep.

20. My dreams r always fucking crazy. Usually it doesn't matter if I've been smoking or not.