Crawl space grow area

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mctavish55, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Hey there, first time trying to set up a grow area, any help would be appreciated!

So lately I've been trying to come up with a good method to grow as stealthily as possible for my environment. At first I was considering a PC grow box or cabinet, but now I am strongly leaning towards using the crawl space underneath my mobile home, there is siding around most of the unit and is located in a very rural area.

For height I am looking at roughly 2- 2 1/4 feet of space, to combat this I was planning on sinking my grow containers until they are level with the ground, with LST or SCRoGing would that amount of space be enough for a decent yield?

I'm thinking about using CFLs for light and coco coir as the growing medium, I only plan on having about 5 plants going at once.

The area is very dusty right now due to the sand like material that was used as foundation for the mobile home. I was planning on enclosing it either with plastic sheeting or some kind of particle board. What would be the best approach?

The only other things I am worried about is humidity (I live in a very humid environment), and smell. If this was under the center or a double wide mobile home should I anticipate the smell travelling very far? Also what about adding c02 to the environment?

Sorry for having so many questions, I just want to make sure I get this done right.

2. It'll be hard to control the smell, and CO2 is dangerous and expensive...

3. It's going to smell bad. You really shouldn't worry about the co2. It's not necessary it's like the icing on the cake. Gotta bake the cake first. My biggest thing is you need to check on like once a day ish give or take I no my grow gets check out every day. Just remember you going to have to crawl under there with water all the time too.

4. How're you gonna get fresh air down there? It doesn't seem like you'd have any way to control the smell either...