Cravings kill a diet

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MikeyChill, Jan 30, 2011.

1. So im trying to lose about 20 pounds to lean up for the Coast Guard. Im currently 6'3" 240...im not fat by any means but i want to get more lean for sure. The major issue im having is that NO MATTER how HARD i try cravings are so damn hard to stop. Ignoring my body is the hardest part of tryin to create that caloric deficit. I can work out hard without a problem, but the cravings always win and i give into a huge meal. When i fall i try and do it in the way of pigging out on pretty healthy food...aka black beans, eggs, fruit, etc. Calories are still calories though. My question for my fellow blades is HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT THE CRAVINGS!!!:( oy.... i will say a large fiber intake helps a lot but doesnt totally do the trick. Maybe just good ol fashion will power?

2. Get rid of the eggs man. Fruits and Veggies Fruits and Veggies.

and LOTS of water

Good luck!!

Oh.. and focus on the FAT Calories if you're not already

3. #3 big_papa, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    I thought that a diet involving high protein/fat with occasional complex carbs is best for fast weight loss. Although fruit provides great amounts of vitamins, it is also loaded with sugars, which is not what you want to be eating.

There is a user, I believe his account is named Russia?, who seems to know a great amount on nutrition/ strength and conditioning, hopefully he'll browse this thread and provide some insight.

Lately I have also been following a diet eating healthy foods such as Nuts, Eggs, Turkey, Cottage Cheese, Salads, Milk, Beans, and fish, and have been feeling stronger, more energized , and sexier hah..but seriously

Since your problem is portions/cravings, drink water before,during, and after meals to feel more full. I feel that high protein foods also does that trick...Gum helps as well.. If i still feel hungry after a rather large meal, I brush my teeth , which for me is a STOP sign when driving down the food consumpution bvld..
    I try to help!

4. If you want to feel full, eat more protein and drink water.

5. Qft that is a great cutting diet. Cravings is all in your head you just have to be determined.. Always a good one is imagine how you want to look in 6 months.. Any excess munching can delay that goal. If you at your calorie/fat/carb Max daily intake have a cup of tea or coffee it'll help make you feel full and also speed up that metabolism

6. Will power... lots of water.

7. start taking a probiotic and multi vitamin mad from whole foods. after 3 days stop eating solid foods and for 3 days just drink freshly juiced fruit and vegetble juices(try not to mix the fruit and veg because they work better when consumed seperately, fruits should generally always be eaten alone as they dont digest well with other foods). fasts are the best way to lose wight and get a huge energy boost. i fast like this regularly and it feels great. my girlfreind did this a little while after being pregnant and lost 10lbs in just a few days it was like watching an infomercial unfold before my eyes

8. Its not supposed to be easy.

9. yes it is

10. are you craving fat or sugar more ?

11. Ya if you like all your muscle eaten away, muscle is the first thing your body turns to when in starvation mode. stupid idea, that "10 pounds" is probably 9.5lbs water weight. eat clean track your calories intake and do weights + cardio. fuck always trying the easy way out

12. drink more water. often times when you get cravings, its really just your body telling you it needs water

13. I wholeheartedly disagree. Humans have just recently (and really not most of usu) had the luxury of having more than enough food. Our bodies are concerned with getting food and storing it, there's a reason we have such strong mental cravings for food, especially food high in fat - because it is (was) a genetic advantage when food was scarce. We essentially have to go against our hormonal reflexes in order to supress our appetite. It really shouldn't be easy.