Crashed my car :(

Discussion in 'General' started by MoonBeams, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Just totaled my car. Went around a curve going 60+, should have been going about 25. I lost control, over corrected and went into the ditch. The car violently jumped around and almost rolled, I hit my head and shoulder on the roof of the car.

Cop said to expect a summons in the mail.

I wasnt even high. Just driving too fast.

2. Sucks man I've done the same thing. Just live and learn and be thankful you really didn't get hurt or hurt somebody else

3. dam that suckss! hope you dont get fucked to hard in court! but glad to hear your not to badly hurt!

4. I totaled my first car like 3 months ago. It was pretty much the worse thing ever but it worked out...

5. As long as you didnt cause any property or personal injury to someone else you really don't have anything to worry about besides your car

6. #6 Endless Rain, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    By the sounds of it, fuck what happens in court. Be thankful you are alive and that this can be used as a lesson in the future
    You are for the most part, almost 100% ok as far as injury is concerned. Many are not as lucky as you

7. Donated my car to the fire company for training use. My shoulder is starting to hurt :/

8. :eek:

Did almost the same exact thing a few weeks ago in my brand new car!

Went around a corner at about 30 and should've been going 15 (really sharp corner through town)

The ground was wet and I wasn't very used to having such a light and lowered car and as soon as I started to lose control I slammed by brakes (stupid, I know) slid 540 degrees into the oncoming lane and slid into a shallow ditch.

Luckily noone was going around the corner at the time and I didn't cause any damage to my car. After bricks were shat I just put it into 1st and pulled outta there.

Sucks to hear about your car though, just be glad you're still in one piece my friend, your life > any car you could ever imagine ;)

9. Why would you have to go to court unless the cop saw it?

10. It was a 2001 Plymouth neon. It was pretty shitty, but man that car was beast. It was a factory freak.

I got a speeding ticket for going 123 in it a month ago. :cool:

The skid marks. He measured them and came to the conclusion I was going 60mph.

11. well did he give you a ticket?

12. Is that enough prove to back it up in court?

13. Damn man, if it would make you feel better i just got into an accident in my new car, which i shipped overseas so the insurance can't even cover it atm

The bumper,tail light and the trunk are fucked.

We learn from our mistakes man

14. My first and only accident was last year when I totaled my dads Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible but it worked out for the better. Ended up with the same exact car except two years older with 50k less miles and 3k extra in his pocket, also went to court and got the ticket removed so no points on the license just had to pay 130$ donation to the court.

15. always sad to see a car come to it's end. Even if it is a Neon :p

Glad you're ok. Maybe learn from the experience so it's not a total fail. IMO fighting things in court that you blatantly did is not the way to go but w/e, best of luck.

16. Yeah im not gonna fight it. The cops in this town have a lot of shit on me. Im just gonna bend over and take it.

I did lie to the cop and say I was going 40 and swerved cause of a deer. So he will no doubt tack on lying to a police officer.

17. lol tack on all that and then mail it to ya
    ok sounds legit

18. Because obviously the cop can tell at a glance exactly how much your car weighs and how well the traction of all 4 tires held up during this encounter.

Cops are professional retards.

19. live and learn.

20. i wrecked my truck at the end of may. paid 1200 for it a year ago and got 2900 back from insurance. :bongin: