crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. went to amazon to see what the yamaha subkick looked like..OMG! that is one sexy ass piece o tech..the model in white with blk ring..think i'm in luv! only $200...on to the DIY..lol!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, I don't think the Yamaha is made anymore, but it's pretty cool looking. Looks like a little drum. Came with the stand. Can find em used, but at $300-400 DIY is attractive enough. lol

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. so i ordered a deep thin wall soket so i could replace fuel injector..got the size socket but its too thick to fit in the well the injector is in..amazon sends me 11/16'' not 1 1/16''..they'll ship it but not till tues..no car for the wknd..typical

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's B's
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bk messin wit the kit..gonna try the Rob ''Beatdown'' Brown method of tuning drums this morn..see if it can wrk for my situation..meanwhile temps are nice enough to hv the seedlings outside under shade cloth for cpl morn hrs before they go bk under the led..the biggest hydro got nu shoes in prep to be topped and go outside in her own dwc 000_8030.JPG 000_8028.JPG 000_8029.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autos are at 5 weeks from seed. Except the little one at 3 weeks.

Blue Dream'matic in rear
    Brooklyn Sunrise in front
    image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. i got the right size socket (27mm) finally and got the injector in stalled wit no real problem other than i had to use my rarely used breaker bar that i keep hndy..once i got the IP line properly seated there were no more leaks..now i wanna do the other three soon as i hv $ but for now i'm gd..got my eye on a mapex armory series SD std on ebay..they go for close to $100 nu..this is an old one but wrth the $33 i'm gonna bid in the last second and hope to snap it up frm the jaws of auto bidders..damm auto bidders bid that up frm $.01

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, the auto bidding makes it hard to come in and snipe at the last second. You pretty much have to determine the max you'll go and put that in within the last minute or so. Unless there's no other bids, or watchers waiting, on an item. Then you can snag em...

9. it got up to $38 ..too much for my budget..i let it go..maybe nxt time..that money better spent gettin another injector for the car..not like i got a gig yet

• Like Like x 1
  10. ystrday i prepared the dwc and alcove outside..mixed soup and am going to let it bubble overnite out there..what i nd is temps lo enough at nite to drp the soup temp dwn to 50's during the day when it wrms up the insulation jckt will keep the soup under 70..wit out frz pks..the soil seedlings are already outside under shade cloth..hydros go out ltr this morn 000_8039.JPG 000_8040.JPG 000_8041.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hi Crankz! What do you have for the walls? It looks silver? I am going to do my grow room over. I'm wondering if its best just to paint the walls white or is there some kind of reflector I can put on the walls. Of course I don't want to be blinded when I open the door to the room lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. GG i believe its sheets of insulation and the backing is silver colored

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi Dr.! Thanks! :) My grow room is on a top level in my house as it is and the heat up there can be something else so that won't do, darn lol. I guess I'll just be going with high gloss white paint maybe throw some glitter in there with it lol. Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. It's a diamond pattern reflective film like this stuff
    Whether it's better than plain white paint, I don't know. I like it though. lol
    Paint would be a lot cheaper for sure.
    Either or can be blinding with enough light though.

I use them foam sheets for stuff too. Made covers for the flood table with it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I think flat white is actually better than glossy.
    Glossy may very well reflect hot spots. Flat will diffuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. the whole crew went outdrs today..wtr temps got as high as 73 as the sun was setting..was 68 at noon..nite temps are in 50's and will get lower..ltr i will nd heater for the soup but for now temps are just right 000_8042.JPG 000_8043.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. this morn i'm going to switch frm 2.5 gal res to 6gal..go wit two res wit two plnts ea...should the clones take i'll do another res wit them in it making for a total of three res's..been on YT chkng heads for the kit..its a dizzying array to strt with then it gets very specific according to type of music your playin..bk in the day you threw some Ambassadors on there and were gd to go..not no more..the tone is specific because thnx to YT evrybdy is a critic..gotta learn the Bonham beat, the neal pert beats, the motown beat and fills..WTF! i lived and was gigging during that time period and we NEVER got pedantic about what we played we just played what fit..now i find that stuff actually has a name the ''a-men'' beat,..WTF! played it my whole life since ''sweetpea'' by tommy roe in the 60's..now they teach it online so technical that if i didn't know how already i'd be confused..saw interview wit drummer frm the offering..guy plays cpl songs at 179 BPM!!! Damm thass crazy insane fast! guess i'm old..right now everywhere i look they are pushin evans hydraulic heads in red and the evans uv-1..i've played hydraulics in the past..they do tune easily but take a little more effort to play..gotta hitt them to get tone..no tippy tap..tempted to get one for BD..maximum thumpification!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Maximum Thumpification! Yes!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah, finding the right combination of heads and tuning can be something alright. And, once you do find a good combo it all changes in a different room/venue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1