crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Bass player with a shitty sound needs to tone it down. Next!

2. chmbr is dialed in..that shitty drum seat i got frm griffin i will keep aftrall..makes perfect stand for the humidifier plus i wasn't willin to spend over $15 postage to send it bk to manufacturer 000_7928.JPG 000_7929.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. #12943 Schplakken, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Hey Crankz, what the fuks up bro? This is 34 days above ground. The 2 beefy blueberries in the back are 31 days above ground. I had 7 regular NHS and only 1 was male! Don't know how I got so lucky! Shits gonna get unruly in the next 10 days or so till stretch is over, then I'll spread them out some. I'm hoping that 2 or 3 of these will be 1/2 pounders. The 2 blueberries will be 5-6 oz each. Prolly finish early November. The NHS has haze genes so they might flower for 10 more weeks and grow me some baseball bats! Maybe late November. I get a little anxtious when they go this fast. I'll stick with 500ppm feed. View attachment 2497996 View attachment 2497997 View attachment 2497998 View attachment 2497999

• Like Like x 3
  4. day 4..stlks are gettin thick..can see the quality in the gene material already..these are pretty gd seed 000_7931.JPG 000_7930.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Who knew that hurricane Florence was a boy? Haa! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. hydros are comin along..ran my ad again and got a auditioon nxt wk at a rehersal facility..gonna be first time out for da kit see what its really about..hey! me too..they gonna call me wit some songs to learn..should be interesting 000_7967.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sweet! I need to do some updates on my plants. Been so busy lately...
    Maybe tomorrow if I can get a chance before Tuesday night jams.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Okay, quick one.
    Tent is 2 days shy of 9 weeks 12/12. Pry give em one more week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lower nug
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Top nug
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. And...
    The clones got put in 3 gallons of happy frog.
    Couldn't find a taker for one, so I guess I'll do one more run in the tent before I shelve the green crack as mother only for a while.

Just gonna flower the one on the left, once the current run is done.
    Been spreading it out the last few days. See if it can fill up the tent well enough and not be crowded by another.
    Pruning back the other so it doesn't get too tall in its motherly duties...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Okay, now I just need to update on the autos in the closet...
    Hopefully tomorrow

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Autos...
    Mine are taking their time, and I lost the late starter Brooklyn Sunrise just over a week ago. There's a replacement that's just now a week from seed. It's already larger than the last one got before it keeled over. No clue what went wrong. Came home and it was down and shriveled up.
    Hopefully the new one can take the nutes when I bump them up...

Anyway here they are last week at 2 weeks from seed. Just after I pulled the one.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 1
    image.jpg

BS 2 (RIP)
    image.jpg

BD 1
    image.jpg

BD 2
    image.jpg

And here is yesterday. 3 weeks from seed. Except the one week old.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 1
    image.jpg

BS 2 (newb)
    image.jpg

BD 1
    image.jpg

BD 2
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. broke the kit dwn for load testing..gotta see if i can get it dwn 14 steps and into the car without gettin hurt..theoretically i can..but my car is hatch bk..you gotta do a ''clean and jerk's' lift to get the case on the lip of trunk..should be interesting figuring the right ''moves'' to do it..think i'm going to tune the kit and lose the bottom heads for better tone on the toms..easier to pk and less wt..pretty sure in near future i will get a for real snare std..snare atached to hi hat std is PIA just won't go exctly where you want it..close but not enough so it chafes against your inside left knee..really irritating..got a case for the pedal so it doesn't get messed up..mule bgs for little prts easy to missplace..this kit is gonna be a little hot rod by time i'm done..

• Like Like x 2
  12. spent hrs on the kit ystrday tryin to tune it up..wasn't happy..got on YT and strt;d watchin tuning vids..this kit is going to nd quality heads just for a strt...BD and snare not too bad..but toms are nowhere near what i wanna hear..also gonna nd small hole in frnt head for more punch and miking..mo money..think i'm going to use kit provided at studio just bring BD pedal and sticks..meanwhile strts are doing gd..WF seeds germ'd and i'll pick best four to use 000_7986.JPG 000_7987.JPG 000_7989.JPG 000_7990.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yeah, tuning drums can be an art of its own sometimes. Good heads can make a world of difference though. That and a good room that allows the sound to develop.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tent is getting chopped Wednesday. Killed the lights and letting em sit in darkness till then.

image.jpg

The one clone will go in there afterwards. Pry let it continue to veg in there for about a week.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Couple weeks and I'll pry take cuts from the other and get rid of it. Less resources needed for little cuttings.

Autos are 4 weeks. Except the one at 2.
    Slow to establish in this setup. Pry should have rooted them in some plugs first.
    The green crack did well in this type of setup, but they were well rooted clones.
    Oh well, maybe I'll do a coco run in it next time I do autos.
    Anyway... Topped the two Blue Dreamatic in the back. And plucked the lower fans.
    Brooklyn Sunrise is staying pretty small still. Not sure if they'll get topped. Will see...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dude you top autos?

At which stage do you top?

Sent from the U.S.S. Discovery

16. went to an audition last nite was a lotta fun especially as i didn't hv to bring a kit..they had pretty nice kit there..i hvn't been in a rehersal studio in yrs..things hv changed big time in tech..now they can recrd the entire session, mix it,and then send it as a sound file to your email so its waitin for you to lisen to when you get home..for me thass nu! think i held my own but now i can lisen and hear what ''i shoulda'' after the fact..the studio had cobbled together a BD subwoofer frm an old pwr'd subwoofer which gave a expanded low sub thud..i hv got to get me one of those!!.. 000_8006.JPG 000_8007.JPG 000_8008.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, if they're growing well enough I just make judgment call. It's usually in the 3-4 week period though.
    Nice! Yeah, the speaker deal is a take off of the Yamaha Sub Kick. You use a speaker as a mic to pick up the sub frequencies.

Mine... lol

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. thass the bomb! and could kitty be any cuter..lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. took the back off the drum throne permanently..it was nvr made to be pck'd up thass for sure..had to take the whole seat assembly apart to get the bk off and reassemble..its a very gd throne without the bk..i'm going to do more research on this sub woofer thing..looks like i'm gonna want one..decided i'm gonna get a for real snare std..attaching the snare to the hi-hat just feels flimsy ..its nvr exactly where you want it and it chokes acess to the hi hats..a $30 giant std will wrk just fine and not add wt as the bk of seat weighed as much as it..i hv not priced heads yet..i can live wit the heads for awhile but not that snare attachment

20. drum parts, sticks, drumheads, cymbals, stands, drumfactorydirect.com and
    DrumMaker » Custom Drum Parts & Supplies » Build Customize Upgrade Repair
    Are where I go for a lot of stuff.
    Do a search for DIY Yamaha SubKick. It's pretty simple really. Mostly a matter of finding a speaker that works well for it. Basically you want a real free moving cone like with a woofer/sub-woofer.
    Then just wire a mic cable to it. It helps if whatever mixer/preamp you use has phase reverse switch. If not, you'll have to play around with what sounds best by reversing the wiring at the speaker.

• Winner Winner x 1