crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. today came across a hrdware bg that holds a snare std,two cymbals, seat botm, hi-hat..in seperate compartments wit velco flaps,,opens like a case chef's carry their knives in wit hndle ..very sweet! wit a cymbal case i think its the final piece in the logistics problem..little pricy at $70 but hey! WTF!..now only thing is where basss pedal will go..hope to get it in the big case..just gotta see when i get the kit

• Like Like x 2
  2. Help my plants are showing brown spots everywhere on lower leaves what is this?

Attached Files:

3. look on bk of leaves wit spots..look for stuff movin if you see that its some sorta bug eatin your plnt

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Havent noticed any bugs... Another person suggested Cal Def or Nute Burn

5. those are also possibilities easy to figure out if you got bugs so now thats eliminated..think about your nutes are you runnin too hot wit high ppm's..280-400 max at this point..ph at what? frankly i don't really see anything to freak about yet

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Nice job! I’m happy you liked it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Like Dr said, use a magnifying glass and inspect the underside of the leaves for insects to rule that out.
    Rust colored spots most likely will be calcium and/or magnesium deficiency though. Could be lacking or locked out if pH is out of range, or excess P and K can lock it out too.
    What's your pH and ppms?
    What's your water. Tap or RO or what?
    What all are you using in your water, Nute wise?

• Like Like x 2
  8. So... I got impatient and built out the drums today.
    It'll be after summer before I paint them though.
    For now, I'll beat em au naturel :metal:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As for weed...
    Tent is getting real close to finishing. Week maybe two. If I ever do soil again, it sure won't be Happy Frog. I'm sure I should have started feeding earlier, but whatever I still don't like it... lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got 7 day old clones bustin out some lil roots.
    A few fell over from low humidity, but I rectified that. They're standing back up slowly.
    Only need to keep one for a mother though.
    Won't be running it again for a while, but gonna keep her around.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The plant in the closet was flipped 7 days ago. After I took the cuts...
    Been going okay so far, but it's a bunch of Happy Frog too.
    Couldn't fill the whole screen, but it's still a good sized canopy. Should make for a nice final chop (for the time being) of green crack in about 8-9 weeks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope everyone had a good weekend! :wave:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah whenever I've had rust spots it's been some form of cal/mag issue but it could also be pH lockout as @crankz mentioned.

Damn man your grow and drum setups are so cool man. Your pics looks so good as always.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hey thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crankz my cheapo gibraltar clone cymbal boom stnd arrived today..damm thing is heavy for $26..wasn't expectin that..same stnd but light wt..$90 by DW..WTF!! 000_7679.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yeah, pricing is kinda ridiculous on dw stuff.
    Not a bad deal for what you got though.
    Pretty much any double braced hardware is gonna be heavy. Single brace or flat base stands would be a lot lighter, but they don't do the best with aggressive playing styles. Nor as boom stands.
    At least you know it'll have no problem holding that ride wherever you wanna place it.

13. ya i'm going wit a Sabian cymbal pk..14'' hi-hats and 18'' crash/ride to go wit my old ziljan..aprox $129 plus wit code its lower....cymbal bg $20..hrdware bg wit 5 indv pckts for 2 stds, hi-hat, bass pedal,seat base..$70..thing i don't like about discount codes is their only gd for two hrs so you hv to use it right away..

• Like Like x 2
  14. I looked for bugs didn't see any but I will make sure to be on the look out for them.
    I added more Cal Mag but it wasn't running on zero i think I added 50 ML to 19 galls then added another 50. Watching for spread.
    I'm using Tap water with starting PPM OF 58 and PH of 7
    PH is 6.0
    PPM 650
    TECHNAFLORA NUTES

15. Seems a little high on the ppms for small plants, but I've not used Technaflora before.
    I might still dump about 4 gallons and raplace it with just tap. Since you've got pretty clean tap.
    Knock the ppms down 100 or so...
    Or just monitor. If ppms stay stable and pH isn't dropping, roll with it and keep an eye on the looks and vigor of the plants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeah Im thinking If see it move to upper leaves I will take some water out to reduce PPM it is probaly a little nute burn... Why is it focused only on my lower fan leaves...
    Anyways if it gets worse I'll do a res change and dump the PPMs to 500 or so...

17. Yeah Im thinking If see it move to upper leaves I will take some water out to reduce PPM it is probaly a little nute burn... Why is it focused only on my lower fan leaves...
    Anyways if it gets worse I'll do a res change and dump the PPMs to 500 or so...

18. I think calcium is mobile like nitrogen. Meaning the plant can take it from older growth to supply new growth if there's a problem with availability or uptake issues.

19. After looking, calcium isn't a mobile nutrient, but mag is. Hard to say with deficiencies sometimes. Really depends on the cause.

20. Reduced the PPMs to 550
    PH 6.25
    Noticed some reddish stems... More like hair then actually red. K DEF... Also the rust /brown spots are mostly on the lower fan leaves. Stunted plant looks ok... But I feel it was either 2 much nutes or a def.K maybe becuase of red stems idk...

Attached Files: