crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. If you skim my journal you'll see I discovered that when I snapped every other branch ironically on accident. Ended up a beast of a plant in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  2. You'll also see the most redneck pile of junk diy tent I built in my old basement. Correction 2 diy tents in the same grow. Had to move it due to hieght and width of the first crap idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Always a process.

My cabinet started with 4" air filters being run by 120mm PC fans. Utter garbage. Had to make 6" openings while my plants were in-cab (can't easily move a 30gal reservoir). There are still metal shavings in the corners of the various magnetic bits in the box - at least at this point it was like 2 months ago and the plants are clean!

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm really hoping to get a lb off my two but I'll be thrilled if I get more than 10oz.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, we make do with what we can. My grow areas evolve with time too.

• Like Like x 4
  6. tryin to build another hydro cube..s hooked the branches i want to use to the same ht..identified branches i will cut to make clones when i get ready..they are grwng under the screen..got 3-4 of them i'll cut 000_6638.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. Had my 3x2x3 starter tent dropped off this morning.
    [​IMG]
    Gonna use with the starter reservoirs I made from a couple food service bins. Made them to use the same size net cups as my giant reservoir for ease of transfer after a few weeks vegging.
    [​IMG]
    Still got some light-proofing to do on the res, as well as building some kind of apparatus to hang 3 bar lights on but only use one hanger pair... hoping to have the starter tent in action in 3 weeks or so.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Aluminum foil tape from HVAC section.
    Lightproof and reflective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. A good one - but my plan for the bins is give them a light heat treatment with a torch the use krylon fusion spraypaint. Heat treatment should help with shitty bonding to plastics, and using a paint that's made specifically for plastic should be a nice bonus.

10. [​IMG]
    Decent fit. Good amount of wiggle room / space for air pump / fans / whatever.

New to tents so not sure what a couple parts are.

This one appears to be an extra waterproofing layer for the bottom?
    [​IMG]
    Also included a nylon webbing strap but not sure of the purpose...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'd at least cover the lid with something reflective. Even if it gets painted.
    Light bouncing back up is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Was thinking several coats of black to block light, then several of white to bounce it back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. My tent has a liner for the bottom too, but I wouldn't trust it to be too waterproof.
    Strap could be for hanging a filter or whatnot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Been taking what i call "Predator Pictures" daily in the cabinet to keep an eye on whether or not the tips I accidentally bleached have been multiplying...
    [​IMG]
    Much easier to see the white bits on a pink backdrop. Fortunately only got maybe 12 out of my 100+ (and on those it's maybe 5-10% of cola mass), but still obsessing about it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. How much lower would you put one side of the table so it drains? I was think like an inch maybe 2

My Grow
    AlliDoIsTalkYay's 600W COB Grow

16. Depends how wide the table is probably. Any slope will have the water rolling downhill - maybe 5° or so should be good for draining without skewing the water in the res too much.

• Like Like x 1
  17. When you supercropped these, was that from one central main, or did you top beforehand and supercrop several stems? Just kinda curious how that winds up filling out as I'm strongly considering it for my next grow...

18. I had topped it to where I had between 16-20 tops. I didn't start super cropping until I started flowering cause of the stretch. Here's a good pic so you can see how I did it.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  19. 1 inch is pry plenty. I think my closet is only 3/4 of inch.

• Like Like x 1